CHAPTER 5

THE MEMORIES OF A BOY

Soon, the break ended, and all the students were back at Hogwarts

Soon, the break ended, and all the students were back at Hogwarts. It was still snowy, something Rhea really enjoyed. Seeing the courtyards that were once green, now being bright white was like being in one of those movies that she saw with her brother on Christmas.

"How were your Holidays?" asked Lily, while the both of them were heading to the astronomy tower for their first class of the term.

Yawning, Rhea responded, "it was really great, got to spend it with my family, what about you?"

"That's nice to hear. Well, my break was great, apart from the fact that I received a daily letter from Potter" she said annoyed and Rhea started laughing. "It's not funny Ree! It was the worst, I tell you. Imagine having a bloody owl peck your window every morning!"

"That's actually really funny," she giggled, and Lily shot her a mockingly annoyed look, suppressing a grin. When they reached the tower, someone pushed Rhea out of the way. "Be more careful," Rhea snapped, narrowing her eyes at her roommate.

"What? With you? A blood traitor? I don't think so," the blonde girl said and Rhea chuckled, "what's so funny?" 

"That that's the only insult you have on me is, come on Bulstrode, you can be a lot more creative than that, right?" Rhea replied with a big smile and the blonde girl looked at her and left to the other side of the class. 

Professor Sinistra told them that they will be working in pairs for the rest of the year and she started calling the students, "Bradley you're pairing with Evans", said Sinistra and Lily walked towards the Slytherin boy. After a couple more students were paired, the professor called "Rhea Devereaux" she said looking at the name sheet "you have a really nice name you know? Second biggest Saturn moon"

"Why thank you professor. It's a family tradition to name kids after moons, though I personally think it is a very weird one if you ask me" Rhea answered and the professor grinned.

"Well Rhea you'll be pairing with Mr. Lupin for this term" said Sinisitra and moved on to the other students.

As the two of them walked to their respective telescope, Remus couldn't help but wonder how someone so kind was named after a moon, the very object that he hated, the thing that made him a monster.

Suddenly, Rhea found herself in a room. With a confused expression on her face, she walked towards the bed, where a boy, probably four or five years old, was reading a book. His sandy brown hair was spread around his brown eyes. Those brown eyes. Rhea could recognise them anywhere. It was Remus, or at least a memory of his childhood. She heard something outside, so she went and looked from the window, where the full moon shone illuminating the darkness. Out of nowhere, something burst into the dormitory. It was a werewolf. Rhea saw how the boy screamed out of fear when the creature started attacking him. She tried to stop it, but every time she tried to touch something, her hand would go through it. Not a minute passed and an older man bursted into the room, a man she assumed was his father. With an effort, he managed to save his son from death, blasting the werewolf. Then, as if the situation were of dust, it vanished.