CHAPTER 19

THE HIDDEN STAIRCASE IN THE CLOCK TOWER

Soon, Rhea's birthday came, and she was walking the halls of Hogwarts in half and hour past midnight

Soon, Rhea's birthday came, and she was walking the halls of Hogwarts in half and hour past midnight. She had woken up and could not go back to sleep, so she showered, changed and decided to go for a walk.

She walked towards the Clock Tower, a place that she had visited before due to the calm and tranquility that it had. No one ever went there, which made it a quiet place.

But this time Rhea saw, where it would usually have been hidden if it weren't for the moonlight coming in from one of the windows, a staircase

Curious, she walked over and went upstairs, and she found herself in a rather large attic, with a big window that had a wonderful view of the Hogwarts courtyards.

So it was that she decided to see the sunrise from that place.

She saw as the sun began to tint the dark sky with purple tones. The lilac color was mixed with the dark blue one, managing to create a view that calmed Rhea. But it didn't last long, and soon the sky began to have a light blue color, the white clouds decorated its immensity and the sun illuminated it.

After looking at the sky for a while, she saw how an owl went in her direction, it had two letters and two parcels.

"Greg, you clever owl," she said, stroking the bird's wings. Opening the letter from her aunt, a smile appeared on her face.

Dear Ree,

Happy Birthday! I can't believe you grew up so fast, your mother would be proud of the woman you are becoming, and so am I.

I was thinking of giving you another knitted thing, but seeing that now your entire closet consists of that, I thought better not to... So, I hope you like my gift, it took me a long time to find one of those. Take good care of it.

Hugs and kisses,

Aunt Brianna

When she opened the package, she found a small red box, and when she opened it, her eyes widened when she saw a golden bracelet. It was beautiful and had a gem in the middle, and she recognized it immediately, remembering that her aunt always told her about it.

It was a gem that changes color depending on how the person felt. For Rhea it wasn't easy to show her emotions, and Brianna knew that. So, in a way, this bracelet would help her accept that sometimes it is okay not to feel okay. Rhea immediately put on the bracelet and watched as the gem turned yellow. With a wide grin on her face, she proceeded to read the other letter.

Rhea,

Happy 13 winters! Well, I'll get to the point. Have a great time and enjoy your day!

Since I know of your fascination with muggle things, I send you yet another one this year. In fact, I don't know why I didn't think of giving it to you before, seeing how useful it is. I will ruin the surprise and tell you that it is a pen. I don't know if you know what it is, but I will explain it to you anyway. It is like a quill but a thousand times easier to use, also I charmed the ink that comes inside so that it never runs out, because unlike the quill, the pen has ink incorporated or something like that.... Well, anyway, I hope you like it a lot and that it is useful to you.

P.S.: many teachers don't like that students use pens instead of quills (and many others do not even know what they are), so I recommend that you use it in your assignments outside of class.

Have a nice one,

Uncle Daniel.

Excited, Rhea opened the poorly wrapped package and found a small long box, and when she opened it, she found a beautiful silver pen, it had some small gems embedded on one side. The tip appeared to be from a quill, but unlike one of those, it did not have a feather.

Rhea knew about these muggle things, seeing as her uncle always used them, but she had never seen one up close. You could say it was a quill but shorter and a bit chubbier, Rhea guessed that the ink was there. Weird... but useful, she thought when she wrote a sentence on a piece of parchment.

After staying a while longer looking at the horizon, Rhea decided to leave the Clock Tower and walk to the Great Hall for breakfast. She was so deep in thought of her that she was startled to hear a voice yell behind her.

"GOOD MORNING AND HAPPY BIRTHDAY!" exclaimed Sirius.

"Merlin, you scared my Sirius" she said while glaring at him, but chuckled, "thank you" she added while hugging him.

"Well, here" he said, giving her a parcel, "I don't even know why I put it in a box if both of us know it is a snow globe" he joked and she laughed.

"Well, because it's still a surprise what's inside the globe" she added, and opening the gift she instantly looked at Sirius, "it's not fair that your gifts are this good, really, this makes the mini motorcycle I gave you for your last birthday seem like rubbish..."

"Okay, first of all, that motorcycle is probably one of the best things I own! It moves on its own for Merlin's sake!" he exclaimed and Rhea chuckled, "so, you like it?"

"I love it! How did you even manage to do this?" she asked and he smiled.

In the snow globe were two people, Rhea and Sirius. Both of them were skating and after a moment, four other people, Brianna, Daniel, Theo and Nate, joined them.

It was her family skating last Christmas break.

"I have my ways" he winked and she laughed, bringing him on a hug.

✧☽✧

It was as if the school year had flown by, it was already March and, like the previous two years, Rhea and Theo were seated in the tree at night. She tried to make the white rabbit appear with her wand, but to her frustration, she couldn't.

"Someday you'll succeed, but in the meantime, it only remains to practice" Theo said.

"It stresses me out! It's such a simple spell and I can't even do it" she complained and noticed her bracelet, which was yellow for the first time in a while, turned back to its usual grey color, which meant sadness.

"It surprises me, seeing that you are the intelligent one of the two"

"Can you repeat that?"

"Nope, never. So, I hope you keep this memory in your head"