CHAPTER 62

DANCING QUEEN

Sirius' birthday was the next day and Rhea was anxiously waiting at the owlery

She was pacing back and forth, waiting for Greg. She had been thinking about what to give him, but she couldn't think of anything.

Until one day, listening to one of her favorite songs, Rhea came up with something.

So, she wrote to her uncle, sent him some galleons that she had saved and asked him to buy the gift (she calculated how much it would cost in muggle money to send him the exact amount). Daniel would send her the gift in the morning, and considering its size, it should arrive in the afternoon.

But it was almost curfew and there was still no sign of Greg.

"Come on, hurry up" she said as she kept walking from one side to the other. After a few minutes that felt like hours to Rhea, Greg flew in with a large package. Smiling, she gave the owl some treats and returned to her common room.

The next day, she took her bag and put the package inside it. It was complicated, because despite the fact that her bag had an extension charm, the gift did not seem to be able to enter. After several attempts, she finally managed to do so, and she happily headed to the Great Hall.

When she walked in, she saw how James was singing happy birthday at the top of his lungs, Peter had a flute with which he played the melody and Remus made noises by hitting the table with his palms. Sirius was sitting at the table, smiling with satisfaction; and Rhea was sure that he felt like the most important person at Hogwarts.

"Happy birthday," Rhea said, hugging him from behind and putting her head above his, wrapping her arms around his neck.

"You're going to choke me" Sirius joked and she let him go, sitting next to him. She waved to the other three Gryffindors and they waved to her as well.

When she noticed Remus' gaze, she smiled even more, muttering a good morning. He muttered it back, smiling as well.

"Alright, let me see..." she said as she reached into her little bag. After a couple of minutes, she found the gift and started taking it out. Sirius' smile increased a hundredfold when he saw a muggle guitar case.

"No..." he said, stunned, eyes like saucers.

"Yes..." she replied with a smile.

Like a child at Christmas, Sirius opened the case, and a bright red guitar was inside of it. "Rhea, I- Thank you" he told her as he hugged her tightly.

"You're going to choke me" she said sarcastically, and he released her, laughing.

"Seriously, Rhea, thank you"

"Don't worry, take care of it? Learn a couple of my favorite songs and we'll be at hand"

"That's a deal, Ree"

✧☽✧

"Padfoot should be here any minute," James stated.

"Well, when he comes in, we'll sing, just like we practiced" Rhea told him, Remus, and Peter.

"Is the cassette already on?" Remus asked her and she nodded.

"Well, here he comes," said James and they all hid.

Sirius walked in with a big smile, cheeks red, and jumped when the four of them suddenly stood up and a song started playing.

"YOU CAN DANCE" shouted James.

"YOU CAN JIVE" shouted Peter.

"HAVING THE TIME OF YOUR LIFE" shouted Remus.

"OOH, SEE THAT GIRL" shouted Rhea, pointing at Sirius who had a wide grin.

"WATCH THAT SCENE, DIGGING THE DANCING QUEEN" they all sang as they started dancing around.

James wore a neon pink cowboy hat, Rhea had a purple feather boa wrapped on her neck, Remus had red sunglasses on, and Peter was wearing a tie on his head.

"I LOVE ABBA!" shouted Sirius while he danced weirdly.

"WE KNOW!" they responded. Rhea took Sirius's hands, and they started to spin around the room.

Friday night and the lights are low
Looking out for a place to go
Where they play the right music
Getting in the swing
You come to look for a king

They continued dancing while singing. James grabbed Sirius by the waist, and picked him up, spinning around while Sirius raised his hands, as if he were flying.

"You've gained weight, Padfoot" joked James

"Shush" said Sirius.

Anybody could be that guy
Night is young and the music's high
With a bit of rock music
Everything is fine
You're in the mood for a dance
And when you get the chance

"YOU ARE THE DANCING QUEEN, YOUNG AND SWEET, ONLY SEVENTEEN", Rhea, Remus, James and Peter sang, pointing to Sirius, who was dancing in the center of the room.

Dancing queen
Feel the beat from the tambourine, oh yeah
You can dance
You can jive
Having the time of your life
Ooh, see that girl
Watch that scene
Digging the dancing queen

At that moment, the five of them felt truly happy, forgetting everything.

And they were sure this would be one of those moments that they would remember when they got old and wrinkled.

a/n: THANK YOU SO MUCH FOR 50k views!!!!! It means a lot:)