CHAPTER 22

THE GOBLIN AT THE HALLOWEEN PARTY

The day of Halloween everyone relaxed a little bit

The day of Halloween everyone relaxed a little bit. Even the fifth and seventh years. Theo and Nate were planning a party, both of them wanting at least one free night before continuing with their OWL classes, which were dreadful. So, all students from fourth year and up were invited to the Hufflepuff common room that night.

"It's a costume party?" asked Marlene happily but shocked. She, along with Lily, Josie and Rhea were in the Gryffindor dorms, getting ready.

"And you notice that now?" asked Lily, "what are you planning on wearing?"

"I mean since it's the first time I hear it is a costume party, I suppose I'll wear a dress and say I'm a princess" she added, "I mean, I already look like one" she said grinning.

"You definitely do," said her friends in unison and Marlene bowed.

"You're just a red-haired girl with a violet dress?" asked Josie looking at Lily.

"I'm Daphne! From Scooby Doo!" said Lily and Josie just looked at her with a confused expression, "never mind"

"What are you supposed to be?" asked Josie looking at Rhea, who had a light blue short dress with a white apron and a black bow on her hair.

"She's Alice!" answered Lily.

"Who the hell is Alice?" Josie asked, confused.

"You don't know who Alice is? Even I know that!" said Marlene.

"She's a character of a book, and actually, I convinced Theo to be the white rabbit" Rhea chuckled.

"You convinced him, or you threatened him?" Marlene narrowed her eyes.

"The same thing" Rhea waved her off.

"So, you're wearing matching costumes?" asked Lily and Rhea nodded.

"That's not fair! Josh didn't want to dress as a Goblin with me!"

"Why would anyone want to dress as a Goblin?" questioned Marlene and Josie hited her in the arm playfully, "don't tell me you're dressing as one" she added with wide eyes.

"Of course not" she said and took a blue gown from her bag, "remember that spell McGonagall taught us that changes the skin color? Well, I'm changing it to blue so I can be a pixie!" she said happily.

"I really don't know how to respond to that," said Lily.

"I- why?" Rhea asked.

"I mean, it is creative" mused Marlene.

"Exactly!" nodded Josie and the other chuckled.

"As long as you're happy, we're happy," said Rhea.

Josh was waiting for them in the entrance of the Gryffindor common room and, to the surprise of the girls, he was dressed as a Goblin.