CHAPTER 64

ERISED

"Dementors" said Professor Wallace

"Dementors" said Professor Wallace. She was a tall witch, with a stern gaze and was always walking around like she was in a hurry. She was their new Defense professor, though they were sure she wouldn't stay around for the next year, "dark creatures... one of the foulest creatures actually... They feed on happiness, generating feelings of despair and sadness to the people near them" she said, looking around as if one of them would appear out of nowhere, "I don't expect any of you to face one, since all of them are in Azkaban..." said the professor and Rhea narrowed her eyes.

Azkaban. The safest prison of the Wizarding World, where no one has ever escaped.

Rubbish.

Rhea knew how terrible the Dementors were, she had read it in the library books before, and her uncle had written her a letter, explaining that he went to visit the prison, to discover how her father escaped, and had told her that he had never felt worse in his life.

Sometimes Rhea wondered, what would happen if someone innocent was imprisoned?

They would have to suffer every day, all day, for something they didn't do.

Sure, she didn't feel the same apathy towards her father.

In fact, Daniel had also told her that when the Aurors found him, they would practice the Dementor's Kiss. And as much as Rhea believed that something like that was terrible, she didn't feel bad that that was the fate of her father.

Maybe that made her a bad person, she thought.

"... but I do consider it necessary for you to learn how to protect yourselves from them, so, does anyone know how the incantation to do so?" asked Professor Wallace and, to the surprise of everyone, James Potter raised his hand, "yes, Mr. Potter"

"The Patronus Charm, it works as a shield to protect the caster" he said, grinning.

"Perfect, ten points for Gryffindor" said the professor, "there are two types of Patronuses, corporeal and..." she started explaining but Rhea lost focus. 

She knew she couldn't cast one, and for once in her time at Hogwarts, she wanted to leave class.

Just when she was about to raise her hand to ask Professor Wallace if she could be excused, the tall witch said excitedly, "perfect, now, repeat after me Expecto Patronum"

"Expecto Patronum" the class repeated. Rhea did not.

"Great, now this is the wand movement" she added, and the class followed her, "Perfect, now, try and cast one. And remember, focus on good memories"

Professor Wallace moved the tables and chairs to the back of the class and all the students stood up, practicing the charm.

Sirius was the first to make his Patronus appear, and a huge dog ran all over the class. James followed him, and a big stag began to chase the dog. Peter, somewhat hesitated, cast his and a little rat ran around. Excited, the whole class began to make theirs. Many tried, and most smiled when they saw a small silver thread come out of their wands.