CHAPTER 35

VERY BAD NEWS

"I really don't want to go"

"Oh hush, put on a nice dress, brush your hair and meet me in an hour on the Gryffindor Tower entrance"

"But I-"

"No buts, now go" Lily said and left the library.

Reluctantly, Rhea left too and went to her dorm. When she arrived, she looked inside her closet. She didn't know what to wear, jeans were definitely not an option. She continued to search through the thousands of sweaters and shirts she owned.

Huffing, she was about to give up and not go to Slughorn's dinner... which wouldn't be so bad, Rhea thought. But just as she was closing the doors of her closet, she saw a cloth, under a pile of clothes that she carelessly tossed there when she unpacked when they arrived in September. Pulling it out, she remembered that it was the dress her aunt Brianna had given her. You should always have something decent to wear on a special occasion, she had told Rhea.

Thanking Merlin for the lucky coincidence, she put the piece on. It was a dark blue satin dress, almost black, and it fell to mid-thigh. She tried to lower it but to no avail. It had thin straps that tied around her neck, leaving her back bare. The dress fitted her figure, and Rhea couldn't help but feel very uncomfortable.

"You had to choose this dress, didn't you" she murmured to herself while getting down to her common room.

"I never compliment anyone, but let me tell you Rhea, you look really hot" Josh said as she got down the stairs.

Stepping closer to him, she asked, "you really think so?"

With a surprised expression Josh said, "it's the first time I hear you ask someone that... is everything alright?"

"Yeah, everything's fine" she responded.

But everything wasn't fine.

Rhea considered herself someone confident, but something happened early that week. She was walking down the corridor eating a piece of cake. The house elves were kind enough to give her some and she accepted happily. While she walked towards the Transfiguration's classroom, she heard a group of fourth year girls' thoughts about how much she ate.

We just had breakfast

If she continues eating that much, her robes won't fit

Keep eating your feelings away, Deveraux

Of course, they didn't know she heard them; nobody knew Rhea heard them. Having the ability to be in someone's else's mind and know what they were thinking wasn't as great as people thought it was.

Sometimes, Rhea wished she didn't have to hear all of that.

Sometimes she wanted nothing more than to walk calmly down the corridors or eat her breakfast with no one looking at her and thinking that she ate too much.