CHAPTER 51

I CAN TELL THE DIFFERENCE

It was the beginning of march and Rhea was walking calmly, the paintings greeted her and she stopped to talk with them

It was the beginning of march and Rhea was walking calmly, the paintings greeted her and she stopped to talk with them. She found Sir Cadogan's stories more entertaining than the History of Magic classes. Although if she was honest, the knight seemed somewhat crazy.

She walked, singing softly one of the thousands of songs that she knew by heart when she saw something running and a cat was chasing it.

Curious, she saw the feline chasing a rat and Rhea crouched down, taking the little animal in her hands.

"Don't do anything to it" she said, "go, you'll find cockroaches out there" she added kindly to the cat but the animal looked at her contemptuously, "how rude" she said as she watched the white cat leave.

Rhea then looked at the rat.

"Hello, how are you?" she asked and it seemed that the rat was smiling at her.

"YOU FOUND WORMTAIL!" Sirius yelled in relief, "Rhea, we have a problem."

"Wait, Wormtail?" she questioned.

"Peter"

"Right... I haven't seen him since yesterday"

"He's in your hands" James added.

"Wait... PETE! OH! YOU LOOK ADORABLE" she said to the rat.

"All right, give him to me," Remus said, narrowing his eyes, taking Peter from Rhea's hand.

"We have a problem," Sirius repeated.

"Aha..." said Rhea.

"Wormtail can't go back to normal"

"That Peter what?!" she whispered shouted.

"That Peter-"

"Yes, I heard, James, just give me a second... you know what, give him to me" she told them and Remus hesitantly gave her the rat, not before whispering something to him. Something that Rhea didn't hear, but that was surely funny because Sirius and James started giggling.

"Hey," Rhea said to Peter while she put him down on the floor, "since when is he a rat?" she asked the other three boys.

"Yesterday morning"

"IT HAS BEEN A DAY! Why didn't you tell me before" Rhea asked concerned.

"We tried to use the Revelio charm..." James started.

"The Revelio charm doesn't work on Animagus" responded Rhea.

"Just help us" Sirius told her and Rhea took a breath.

"Fine" she said and pointed her wand at Peter, remembering the Animagus reversal spell she read in one of the advanced Spell books, and a flash of blue-white light came out of her wand. For an instant, the rat went still, but then another blinding flash of light appeared.

At that moment, the little rat transformed back to Peter who smiled and hugged Rhea.

"THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU!" he told her cheerfully.

Remus narrowed his eyes and, noticing this, James giggled.

The tall Gryffindor glared at the bespectacled boy and he fell silent, not before muttering how terrifying Remus' gaze was.

"You're welcome Pete" Rhea said, hugging him back. Peter felt like time froze, but for Rhea, it was just another hug.

When she pulled away, Peter felt Remus'gaze and gulped.

"You have to teach us that spell," Sirius said and she nodded.

✧☽✧

"I hate it when you do that"

"Do what"

"You know what, Theo"

"I don't, Rhea"

She scoffed. Both siblings were lying on the grass near the Forbidden Forest, an old copy of Alice in Wonderland lying on the grass. Rhea and Theo, like every year, had sat down to read the book and eat cookies.

"Yes, you do," she replied, looking at the stars, "you bury your feelings and act like everything is fine"

"You do that too," Theo remarked and Rhea turned her head. She opened her mouth to speak but said nothing, "you always have."

"It's different," she stated.

"Is it?" he asked, looking at his sister into her eyes.

"It is when it comes to you"

"What do you mean by that?"

"I mean that of the two, you have always been the... well, you have always known how to control and understand your emotions"

"And you dont?"

"Of course not" she said chuckling bitterly, "it's more difficult to understand how I feel than to make the most difficult potion you can think of"

"For you, making potions has always been easy"

"You know what I mean," she said and looked up at the stars again.

After a while, Theo said, "I know that it's difficult for you to deal with your emotions, and Merlin knows that it would be impossible for me to say that the same thing happens to me, because it's not like that, Rhea. What happened that night..." Theo took a breath, "what you saw, you shouldn't expect it not to..."

"Not to what?"

"You shouldnt expect it not to change you, alright?" he said softly, "and I don't mean that you've completely changed, because you're still Rhea and always will be... I mean, well, for starters, you don't smile like you used to"

"I do smile"

"I didn't say you didn't" he told her and she finally looked at him, his eyes seemed tired and a little sad, as if they were remembering something he missed, "you smile, but not like you used to, Ree, not like before. And believe me, I can tell the difference"

Rhea looked at her brother and wished she could see what he was thinking. She nodded slightly, it hardly looked like she did, and looked at the stars again.

"I hate and loathe when the things you say are true," she murmured, touching her bracelet involuntarily.

Theo, who was looking at the stars like his sister, said in a somewhat jokingly tone, "I thought you were used to it, seeing that I am right in everything I say"

And Rhea laughed, perhaps at her brother's comment, but she laughed at last.

And Theo smiled.

a/n: reaaaally short chapter and i know i haven't updated in a few days, but i recently started classes and it has been somewhat stressful. I'll try to update weekly, maybe two chapters per week but i'm not sure, i guess we'll see :D

Also, WE'RE ALMOST AT 15K READS!! WOW. That's amazing, thank you so much for every read, vote and comment <3