CHAPTER 68

SIRIUS TOLD HIM

The next day, after the full moon, Remus didn't show up for breakfast and Rhea ran worriedly to the Hospital Wing

When she arrived, she saw James on a stretcher, with various bandages on his body. He seemed asleep. She took a couple more steps and saw Remus, who was staring into one of the large windows.

"Rem? Hey, are you alright?" she asked quietly as she approached.

"I'm fine but- but I hurt James," he said shakily, and Rhea took his hand. It was a weird feeling hearing Remus say James' name and not his nickname.

"What happened?" she asked worriedly, and Remus looked back at the window.

"Snape was there tonight..."

"What?" Rhea said, shocked.

"He was there... and I was- I was already- and he came in and- and- James took him out of there but I- Rhea, I hurt James" he said; sobbing, tears falling in his scarred face. Rhea moved closer to him and took his head with both hands.

"Remus, this wasn't your fault. Please, don't blame yourself" she told him, wiping his tears, "Severus went where he shouldn't "

He only nodded and Rhea grabbed a chair, sitting next to him, her hand clasped in his.

Remus didn't say anything more, and soon, he fell asleep.

Rhea could not.

Millions of thoughts ran in her head, mainly wondering what the hell had happened?

She heard the door open and noticed a Marauder entering the Medical Wing.

Peter smiled at her, but his smile faded when he noticed her hands, wrapped protectively over Remus's right one.

He looked the other way.

"Hey" he said, eyes not meeting hers.

"Pete, what happened?" she asked worriedly, her eyes fixed on Remus' sleeping face.

He felt a pang of jealousy.

And he knew he shouldn't feel like that.

Merlin, Prongs was hurt. Moony had hurt him and that had obviously hurt him as well.

Stop it, he said to himself and finally looked at her.

"Rhea, um, someone told Snape how to get in... to the Whomping Willow" he said quietly and Rhea lifted her gaze.

"Who?" she asked, and he noticed unshed tears in her brown eyes.

Peter went silent, but he didn't stop looking at her. He could not bring himself to do it.

"Tell me, please," she said, pain in her eyes, and yet again, Peter wanted her to feel like that for him.

He would do anything for Rhea to feel anything like that for him.

He hesitated, then said in a whisper "Sirius... Sirius told him"

✧☽✧

Rhea stayed by Remus' side all day long.

When the sun was setting, she went to find Sirius. She didn't know how to feel, she would never have imagined that something like this would ever happen.

"Black" she said when she found him in one of the corridors. Rhea took Sirius by the wrist and pulled him into an empty classroom, closing the door.

"You know," Sirius concluded upon seeing Rhea's stern gaze, "you're mad at me" he added.

"Sirius, I'm not mad at you... Merlin, I could never be mad at you... I'm just disappointed"

"It was a stupid prank, why do you care about Snivellus anyways?" Sirius asked, confused and angry.

"It's not about Severus, and you know that very well" she said in a calm tone, narrowing her eyes.

"Why do you care so much about Moony! He's all right!" snapped Sirius.

"Because I love him and you hurt him Sirius! You did! Can you imagine for a second what would have happened if James hadn't been there? Or if he had not acted quickly enough!? You can't say it was a simple prank! Merlin, Sirius! Think for a second about how Remus feels right now!" she blurted out.

"You love Moony" Sirius stated after a moment, wide eyes and mouth agape.

Rhea stayed still. Repeating in her head the words she had just said.

She loved him.

She loved Remus Lupin.