CHAPTER 65

TAKE YOUR CHANCES

It was raining, yet again; and the full moon had been the night before

Remus was pale and tired, Rhea noticed, so she decided to miss a couple of classes to keep him company. He insisted that it wasn't necessary, but she ignored him.

Rhea was sitting across from him, on the other end of his bed, while she read a potions book.

"I thought you came to keep me company, but of course, your potion books are more important" Remus joked and Rhea looked over her book.

"You just woke up" she smiled, putting the book beside her.

Remus patted the spot next to him, and Rhea smiled and sat there. He rested his head on the crook of her neck.

"What did I miss in potions class?" he asked.

"We brewed the Draught of Living Death. I'll give you my notes and we can go over them when you feel better?" she responded, and he nodded somewhat tiredly.

"You're the best," he said.

"I disagree with you" she murmured in a sad tone but immediately added, "I won something... in potions class I mean" she smiled, and Remus looked at her with curiosity.

"What thing?" he asked and she pulled out of her pocket a small bottle of clear liquid.

"Felix Felicis" she said, grinning.

"Liquid Luck?" Remus asked and Rhea looked at him with surprise.

"Have you been reading about Potions, Remus Lupin?"

"Maybe" Remus said and Rhea smiled, "I still don't understand anything though... I guess the intention is what counts" he laughed but immediately winced.

Rhea looked at him worriedly, approaching the nightstand and grabbing a vial.

"You're hurt" she stated, and he just shook his head.

"It's nothing Ree, I promise" he tried to smile but he winced again.

"Just- let me put this on your wounds?" she asked, and Remus looked at her, doubtful, "please?"

He nodded shyly as he removed his shirt. Rhea's face showed concern when she saw several cuts across his chest. Immediately, she took a cotton ball and carefully put the essence of dittany on it.

As she healed his wounds, he watched her. Remus thought she would be terrified to see his chest covered in scars, but she wasn't.

"You're very strong," she murmured, tracing one of Remus's scars with the tip of her fingers. He felt shivers run down his spine with her touch.

He looked at her but said nothing.

Rhea looked up, her eyes locked on his.

He thought about how lucky he was to have met Rhea, to share little moments with her, to be able to talk with her for hours. He thought about how lucky he was, that despite being a monster, Rhea didn't consider him one.

And not a thousand little bottles of Felix Felicis would make him feel as lucky and happy as he felt in that moment.

What Rhea had told Remus was true. She admired how he always had a smile on his face even though his monthly transformation was close, even after the full moon. She believed that he was the strongest person she had ever known; of that she was completely sure.

They looked at each other for an instant, but that instant was broken when Remus's eyes fell to her lips for a fraction of a second.

His eyes snapped back to Rhea's, whose cheeks turned a shade of pink.

At that moment, James, Sirius and Peter walked in, and upon seeing them, James looked proudly at Remus, Sirius covered his eyes with his hands exaggeratedly and Peter just looked the other way.

Rhea stood up and Remus did the same, taking his shirt and putting it on quickly.

"PADFOOT WROTE A SONG!" James exclaimed excitedly.

"I want to hear it," Rhea told Sirius, who nodded energetically. He pulled out his guitar, cleared his throat, and began to play a weird melody.

Prongs is one of my best mates,
Lily, please take him on a date,
he's a nice bloke
Lily say yes or he's gonna have a stroke

"You do realize Lily is not here, right?" asked Rhea.

"Hush" Sirius responded and continued singing.

Wormtail is one of my best mates
To be woken up early is a thing he hates

"I do hate that," nodded Peter.

He's a rat
And he's always running away from a cat

All of them laughed, even Peter.

Moony is one of my best mates
He always has chocolate in case we need to celebrate
We all know Rhea is the one he fancies

Remus blushed a deep scarlet.

Kiss her already and take your chances

Rhea blushed a deep scarlet.

"WONDERFUL! AMAZING!" clapped James enthusiastically and Sirius bowed.

Rhea couldn't look at Remus in the face because she knew she would blush even more if she did.