CHAPTER 83

YOU DESERVE HAPPINESS

Rhea was feeling blue

This would be the last time she and her brother would lie on the grass near the Forbidden Forest and read Alice in Wonderland while eating cookies.

It was the fact that his brother was going to leave Hogwarts this year that made her heart ache.

"I will miss you" said Rhea, looking at Theo.

It was late at night, and a little flying piece of burning paper provided enough light, just enough so that it could not be seen from afar.

"It's not like I'm leaving the country Ree" joked Theo.

"I know," Rhea nodded.

"You'll still see me at breaks. Besides, you're leaving next year, we'll see each other often then. Even if we move out of the house, don't even think I will forget to visit you"

Rhea let out a laugh, "are you moving soon?" she asked with curiosity.

"I have thought about it, but I don't have a job yet... So there's that"

"What about mom's last gift?" she asked and he looked at the night sky.

"I fear I may not have the knowledge of managing money and use it wisely" he scratched the back of his neck, "I want to have a job and a salary and learn how to manage that before I use mom's gift. And who knows? Maybe I'll buy a house five years from now, a little one, of course. I'll be a Healer by then, and I would like to walk to work everyday, so the house should be near St. Mungo's. I would also like to have an owl, so the place should have a little space for the animal..." he rambled and then cleared his throat, "what I mean is that I can use the gift for that"

"You really do plan everything" Rhea said and Theo looked at her.

"Just the things I can plan... Some things are, well, unplannable"

"You mean Josh?"

Theo blushed but nodded, "I am afraid it will end terribly" he said, a sad expression on his face, "and I thoroughly blame it on the circumstances we grew up with"

"If you live in fear of what might happen, in fear that everything good you have will disappear like smoke, in fear of losing everything that matters to you; that is not living, Theo. Not really" Rhea looked at him, "I have lived with that fear for as long as I can remember. Sometimes, more often than I would like to admit, in fact, I think that everything good that I have in my life will end. I think that one day I will wake up and be alone. But I put all that away. With difficulty, but I do" she took a breath, "I won't tell you to do it right away, because it would be putting pressure on you to do something that takes a long time to accomplish. It has taken me years. And I know it's going to be hard, but eventually we'll have a conversation similar to the one we're having now, and we'll look back and, well... I guess I've talked too much,"

"Yeah, you always talk too much," Theo said with his usual joking tone, and Rhea rolled her eyes jokingly, "but my brain has registered all your words, Rhea," he added, his eyes a little watery. And he meant his last words.

"Good" she said and took his hand in hers, "good, because you deserve happiness, Theo"

Theo looked at his sister and smiled sincerely, "I'll repeat that until I believe it" he said.

And Theo promised himself he would.