CHAPTER 40

CHRISTMAS AWAY FROM HOME

This year, both Brianna and Daniel had agreed that it would be best if Rhea and Theo spent Christmas at Hogwarts

This year, both Brianna and Daniel had agreed that it would be best if Rhea and Theo spent Christmas at Hogwarts. It was true that they were a little sad because they wouldn't spend the Holidays at home, but at least they were together and that was what counted.

Regulus and Sirius had decided to stay for the Holidays too, and therefore, James, Remus and Peter decided to stay as well. It was like they couldn't do anything apart, Rhea thought.

The castle was unusually empty, something Rhea cherished. Her brother had decided to take a nap, or that was what he told her. She knew it was a lie, he was a terrible liar, but she didn't pester him about it.

Rhea was walking through the corridors, from time to time she would talk with the paintings, she would ask them about how life was like in a painting, to which she got very interesting answers, and some others were a little bit curious.

Seeing that the lake was frozen, she decided to skate. Rhea took the cassette player from her bag and listened to music on her headphones as she skated on the ice. At that moment she felt good, forgetting for a few moments all her problemswhile she hummed one of her favorite songs.

But her calm didn't last long.

Rhea heard a sound coming from one of the trees near the frozen lake.

"Shit" Rhea said as she fell. She immediately stood up and took her wand from her back pocket. What if it was her father?, she thought. "Are you coming to kill me?" she asked, scared.

"I'm not going to kill you" said Remus quickly, coming out from behind a tree and he walked over her.

"Fuck" she took a breath, "you scared me there"

"I'm sorry"

Rhea took another breath, "don't worry, it's alright" she said trying to hide her annoyed expression, which was easier than she expected. As much as Rhea wanted to be angry with him, she couldn't.

"Great" he mumbled, now looking at her, "it's really cold right?"

"Yeah, I mean it's winter," she responded.

"I was actually thinking of getting something from the kitchens," he said, looking at her.

"That sounds great," she responded. 

"Would you like to come with?" he asked, hoping she would say yes.

Lifting her gaze from the floor, Rhea looked at Remus. She had missed his brow eyes, so with a tired smile she nodded, "sure"

They walked in calm silence, Rhea was playing with the hem of her sweater, wondering what to say. She hadn't spoken to Remus in a long time, and she couldn't hear what he was thinking either.

The only thing that occurred to her to ask was how Remus had done in the end-of-term exams. She knew it was not the best question to ask him, but she had to say something.