CHAPTER 45

I KINDLY ASK YOU TO REVEAL YOUR SECRETS

"If I wanted to hit Antonin in the face, I would have done it myself"

Rhea said that, trying to convince herself that she would. Perhaps if her entire body did not tremble when she saw him, or the memories of what happened did not pass to her mind every time she crossed paths with him in the corridors; maybe she could.

But deep down she knew that she couldn't. She was too scared to do it.

Remus looked at her, she was sitting across from him on his bed, a cotton pad in hand, trying to heal the wound on his cheek.

That was the first thing she said in the entire time they were there, Rhea cleaning his wounds and Remus looking at her. She didn't say it with annoyance or anger, the truth is that her tone was neutral.

"I know it wasn't my place to do it," he said and he knew he was right. Hitting Dolohov in the face was definitely not what he should have done, but being the impulsive person that he was, he couldn't help it. Remus cared for Rhea, too much to let go of what happened or to act like it didn't happen at all.

Did he regret beating Dolohov? Definitely not, he deserved it. But Remus understood that he shouldn't have done it, as he had told Rhea, it wasn't his place.

"You're right, it wasn't" she replied, her tone still neutral.

"You're upset with me," he stated, looking at her.

"You know I'm not, but I don't want there to be more problems" I'm not worth it, she thought, taking a breath.

"I'm sorry, Rhea"

"You don't have to apologize Rem, it's just that..." Rhea took a breath and said no more, as she wiped the blood from Remus's cheek.

"The look suits me," he said after a moment of silence, almost without thinking.

"Hm?" she lifted her gaze and met his eyes.

"The bloody cheek, the black eye, I'm a bad boy," he said jokingly and that made Rhea smile for the first time in a while.

"A bad boy?" she questioned, chuckling.

"Sure, with the leather jacket and the motorcycle and all that rubbish"

"You'd think that's Sirius's style"

"Yes, it probably is" he nodded, grinning.

"Besides, you're afraid of motorcycles," she said.

"And I have reason to fear them, they have only two wheels Rhea, that's not something that sounds safe"

"Oh yeah? And what about the bikes?" she questioned, narrowing her eyes playfully.

"It is different with bikes," he smirked.

"I don't really think it is"

Remus looked at Rhea, who had a small smile on her face. A lock of her hair had come loose from her bun and he reached up to pull it away from her face.