CHAPTER 73

LOOK INTO MY EYES

Rhea was woken up by concerned thoughts

Theo, Brianna and Daniel were there. She heard them, and closed her eyes even more, not wanting to face the consequences of her actions.

"I was studying and I didn't notice... How could I not notice?" Theo was saying desperately, "I should have noticed. She's my sister" his voice broke and he said nothing more.

"It's not your fault, Theo" said Brianna, "but now we have to help her"

Rhea opened her eyes a bit and noticed Brianna's face, it was pale and her eyes were red. Rhea immediately knew she had been crying.

Just then, Theo noticed Rhea was awake and let out a choked cry. He ran towards her bed and enveloped her in a hug.

"I'm sorry Ree, I'm so sorry. I should have noticed" he whispered and Rhea couldn't hold it any longer. She felt tears go down her cheeks and closed her eyes.

"No, Theo" Rhea said, "I'm sorry" she added, then looked at Bree and Daniel, who were now seated on the other end of the bed, "I just- I couldn't take it anymore, Bree, I couldn't" she whispered and Brianna got closer and wrapped her in a hug.

Some people said it was the worst feeling in the world to let down those you loved the most, and now Rhea knew that was true.

Brianna and Daniel stayed all day, talking to Madam Pomfrey, then to Theo. Rhea heard, among other things, that her aunt and uncle had asked Theo to keep an eye on her, and if he considered it necessary, that Rhea's friends should keep an eye on her too.

Rhea wanted to retort, to say it was not fair, and to say that they should trust her.

But she couldn't even trust herself, so she said nothing.

Brianna asked Rhea if she wanted to go home and take a break, but Rhea refused. That would mean bothering Daniel and Brianna, and she wasn't about to do that. Not again.

Brianna and Daniel didn't lose sight of Rhea the whole day they stayed at the Hospital Wing, and when they had to leave, both of them hugged Rhea for five long minutes, not wanting to let go.

"I'll try to be alright," Rhea said, "I will try. I promise I'll try,"

Brianna nodded, wiping a tear from her cheek and hugging her once more before she and Daniel left the Hospital Wing, with Madam Pomfrey by their side.

Theo was the only one there, pacing back and forth, but not a minute had passed when the door burst open and nine teenagers entered rapidly.

Nate, Lily, Marlene, Josie, Josh, Remus, Sirius, James and Peter appeared in front of her, all of them had worried expressions on their faces. One by one, they hugged Rhea, asking her if she was alright or if she needed anything.

Rhea felt tired, but having her friends there made her happy. Theo talked to them a while later, and Rhea noticed some of them having shocked expressions, others just looked worried and, Rhea noticed, Remus was looking at her.

She immediately looked the other way and wrapped herself on the quill. She stayed with her eyes closed until they left, thinking she was asleep.

But of course, one stubborn Gryffindor boy stayed, and she could hear his thoughts clearly.

"We won't you leave," she whispered almost an hour later, noticing Remus was still there.

"You scared me," Remus said, startled, "and to answer your question, I won't leave"

"Until?"

"Until what?"

"When people say they won't leave, they say they won't leave until something happens... You know, in the movies" Rhea rambled, her eyes still closed.

"I won't leave you."

"You'll eventually have to, you know how Madam Pomfrey is..."

Remus sighed, "you know what I mean."

And Rhea did, so she took a breath, finally opening her eyes. Remus was looking at her with his brown eyes. Those beautiful brown eyes. But his brows were furrowed and his lips were pursed in concern.

"Rhea," he said, sitting closer to her, "how are you feeling?"

"Everything's fine"

Please, don't lie to me, thought Remus, and Rhea got that bittersweet feeling of being able to hear the thoughts of others.

"I'm fine"

"You're not, Ree" he said, "and we will help you. All of us"

Rhea took a frustrated breath, "I'm not a child" she mumbled.

"You are not," Remus said smiling sadly, "but you need help, Rhea"

Rhea went silent for a moment.

"I don't think I'm going to be able to go to the Great Hall, or to classes, or even walk on the hallways" she blurted out, "I can't control it, Remus"

Remus nodded, and, from his bag, took a book about Legilimency.

"Since you told me you were Legilimens, I've been reading about it," he said.

"You have?" Rhea asked.

"Yes, I wanted to understand it. To understand you, Rhea", he took her hand, "when you feel ready, I think I can help you control it"

Rhea nodded slightly and enveloped him in a hug, "thank you" she whispered, kissing him gently.

You don't need to thank me Ree, Remus thought and Rhea felt a small smile appear on her lips.

a/n: i'm back:) and i hope i can upload more regularly. have a very nice week!