CHAPTER 9

GUESS THE ANIMAL

"How was your summer Lily flower?" James asked happily as he looked at the redhead

"How was your summer Lily flower?" James asked happily as he looked at the redhead. Rhea, Lily, Josie, Josh and Marlene were seated by the Black Lake. It was a Saturday morning, so they wanted a bit of tranquility to rest from the first weeks of classes, something that didn't last for too long when four Gryffindor boys walked towards them.

"Fabulous, no thanks to you and your letters" she replied curtly.

"Someone's not in the mood" Sirius mumbled.

"What about you Deveraux?" James asked Rhea, throwing her look that she deciphered as something like please help me here, if you talk to me, she probably will too. Well, Rhea didn't exactly decipher it, she just heard his thoughts. Chuckling at his desperation, she rolled her eyes and sighed.

"Well, I learn how to use a lawn mower" she responded with a sly grin on her face, completely aware that James had no clue what that was.

"Ah yes, that thing. Really helpful for... the thing it was created for" he said, and Remus and Rhea chuckled, while Sirius and James looked at each other with confused expressions.

"Yes, really helpful for cutting grass," Rhea said smiling.

"Why would you need a machine for that, you can use your wand" he mused.

"We can't use our wands outside of school until we're of age Potter" Lily said, not looking away from her Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration book.

"And it is always helpful to know that kind of stuff" Rhea added as serious as possible, suppressing a grin.

"Yeah whatever" James rolled his eyes.

"Ree, didn't you have the tryouts today?"

"Shit", standing up abruptly, she grabbed her bag and started running towards the Quidditch Pitch.

"Good luck!" she heard her friends exclaim.

Luckily for Rhea, the tryouts were about to begin when she reached the field. She looked around the people there. They were all tall, muscular guys. For the first time in her life, she felt intimidated. They all looked at her with narrowed eyes.

Why does someone so small even come here, waste of time

Does she really think she has a chance? She's a girl

Angrily, she walked through the crowd and stood on the front. "Hey, I'm not late am I?" she asked a boy that was standing next to her.

"Oh no, just in time" he responded kindly, "my name is Brice Higgs"

"Nice to meet you, I'm Rhea Deveraux. What position are you trying for?"

"Well, I've been seeker for the last two years, but Emma here," he nodded towards a tall, short haired blonde girl in the middle of the pitch "wanted the ones from the team to do the tryouts too"