CHAPTER 34

WRINKLES AND GREY HAIR

October had arrived, and all the fifth years were drowning in homework

October had arrived, and all the fifth years were drowning in homework. Lily had made a schedule to study with her friends, but despite organizing, they just didn't have enough time.

The Slytherins and Hufflepuffs were now at Herbology classes, Josh and Rhea were starting their Charms homework and Josie was chatting animatedly with a tall blond boy from the snake house.

Both Josh and Rhea looked at each other. Josie was very friendly, that was true, but it seemed as if she and the Slytherin boy were flirting with each other.

"Hey" she said after class, a big smile on her face and her cheeks flushed.

"Rosier asked you out?" Rhea questioned, but she already knew the answer.

"Yes! Since the first visit to Hogsmeade is in a week, we'll go together"

"I don't like him," Rhea stated.

"You can't judge a book by its cover, Rhea"

"Yeah well, I can judge a person by their thoughts"

"Meaning?"

Rhea couldn't tell them that Evan Rosier had received his Dark Mark that summer.

She had been able to feel his emotions and hear his thoughts about what had happened. She knew Evan Rosier wasn't a good person.

But if someone knew that she knew about his Dark Mark, and they found out how she knew, Rhea feared bad things would happen.

She had overheard her uncle talking about how dark wizards sought out people like Rhea. While learning Legilimency was possible, it was too complicated. Therefore, they looked for natural Legilimens.

There were very few of them, Rhea only knew about herself and one man who worked in the ministry, Mr. Anderson. Rhea had heard Daniel talk about how they kidnapped him, and since it isn't possible to use the Imperius Curse on people like them, they tortured him to help them. But when he refused, they killed his entire family and then him.

So, knowing that if at least one wizard on Voldemort's side knew about her abilities, not only would she be in danger, but her friends and family would be in danger as well.

"Just trust me, please?" Rhea told her and Josie took a breath.

"I need to go, I have Divination" and then, Josie left.

"I am an incredibly bad person" Rhea sighed. She knew she should have told her about his mark.

"No, I think I understand what you mean when you say you don't like Rosier," Josh replied and Rhea looked at him, who smiled at her.

✧☽✧

They had an hour to spare before lunch, and the five of them were sitting in the Great Hall. It was almost empty, something Rhea appreciated since she didn't have to hear the thoughts of more than a hundred people at once. Lifting her gaze from her plate, Rhea began to look around the Hall.