CHAPTER 56

WAFFLES

"SURPRISE!" Brianna said one summer day, she had in her hands a medium-sized dog

"IT THAT A DOG?!" Theo yelled excitedly, standing up from the chair and grabbing the animal.

"Yes, I found him near Mungo's, it seems that he lived on the streets... but now he has a family" cooed Brianna, smiling.

"YOU'RE ADORABLE!" Rhea said, taking the dog.

"His name will be..." Theo added, he took the dog back, and looked around him. When he spotted the table with breakfast, he said, "Waffles!"

"Waffles?" asked Brianna and Rhea at the same time.

"Who doesn't like waffles?" Theo asked as he put the dog on the floor, "WAFFLES! COME HERE" he called but the dog stayed still.

"WAFFLES!" Rhea yelled and started running, the dog behind her, "HA! HE PREFERS ME!" she said as she ran down the corridor.

The following days, both Rhea and Theo felt happier. Waffles' company made them happy. They would run around with the dog all day, or just lay on the grass and watch him chase butterflies.

✧ ☽ ✧

One day in August, Rhea was lying on the grass, alone, watching the clouds. Theo was probably asleep, and Waffles was probably asleep too.

As she looked up at the sky, she heard footsteps but didn't move, "Theo? Is Uncle Daniel here? I wanted to ask him a question about- " she started to say but the person approached and covered Rhea's view.

"Hello there," Sirius said cheerfully and Rhea got up quickly, wrapping him in a hug.

"I exist too" said Remus, and when she saw him, Rhea's smile widened much more, and she hugged him.

"We exist too," James said, pointing at himself and Peter. Rhea hugged them as well.

"How?" Rhea questioned them, "how are you here?"

"Well, I supposed you missed me- that you missed us very much... So, I talked to Daniel and well, I guess they changed those barriers for us to enter..." Sirius said.

Rhea just smiled even more. "what would Walburga say if she knew you're here?" she joked but Sirius was silent, "something happened?"

"I don't live there anymore, actually, um, I moved in with Prongs... I thought of coming here but I thought it would be inappropriate, seeing that your father-" Sirius started to say but Rhea just hugged him.

"What matters is that you are fine Siri, nothing else" she said. At that moment, Waffles ran out of the house and started spinning around them.

"I didn't know you had a dog," Remus said, crouching down and patting the animal.