CHAPTER 12

ICE SKATING AT THE BLACK LAKE

Before the winter was completely gone, Dumbledore had the idea to freeze the Black Lake (unlike previous years, the lake was not completely frozen)

Before the winter was completely gone, Dumbledore had the idea to freeze the Black Lake (unlike previous years, the lake was not completely frozen). When he announced that at breakfast that day, Rhea couldn't help but remember when she was little. Her mother had taught her and Theo how to skate for as long as they could remember. Faith would create some kind of pond and freeze it, and while Hyperion was not home, she would grab three pairs of skates and teach her kids. While they were growing up, Rhea practiced whenever she could, and she also watched on muggle television how many people skated and did pirouettes, spins, jumps and stunts. That fascinated her, so she started practicing that for years, her mother always helping her. The last Christmas that she spent with her mother, she told her that if she participated in those contests she would surely win, which Rhea did not believe for an instant but smiled anyway.

That winter was the last one she skated. At first, Theo and Sirius were disappointed by this. They both always cheered her when she was spinning in the air, and they knew it was something that made her happy. But they finally understood why she left it, it was something she did with her mother. I took Josie the whole day to convince Rhea that going would be more fun than sleeping or studying, and seeing the excitement of her friend, she couldn't refuse.

"You guys go, I'll watch you from here" Lilly said as she sat on a rock by the lake.

"Wait, don't you know how to ice skate?" asked Marlene.

"Well, you see, the thing is... well no, I don't know"

"Oh don't worry! I'll teach you. If I was able to teach my twit twin brother, I'm sure I can teach you too" exclaimed Josie, grabbing Lily's hand and leading her to the frozen lake. After uttering a charm to put a skate blade in her and her friends' shoes, Josie took Lily's hands, and they began to skate. Well, Josie was skating, and Lily was trying not to fall.

Rhea hesitated before entering the frozen lake. It was not that she was afraid of falling, it was that she was afraid to remember how good she felt and that her mother would not be there with her. But finally, she took a step and began to skate, slowly, and after a while she managed to do it as before, not as well as, but something of the sort. She felt happy, and she also felt her mother there with her at that moment.

"I'm glad you're skating again," said Sirius behind her and she turned around, smiling and skating over the side of the lake where he, James, Peter and Remus were.

"Yeah, I've missed this" she responded, and he nodded, "are you up for a race? Whoever reaches the end of the lake first wins" Rhea added.

"And what wins the one who arrives first?" he questioned, muttering the same incantation Josie used to put skate blades in his shoes.

"Well, whoever comes first wins!"

"Oh right, I forgot about your obsession with winning" he added jokingly, and she glared at him, "okay, count us in" Sirius stated.