CHAPTER 76

GO TO HELL

When Rhea was a kid, her mother used to tell her and Theo all sorts of stories

When Rhea was a kid, her mother used to tell her and Theo all sorts of stories. There was this particular one that had caught Rhea's attention.

The story was about a little boy that had gotten himself a quest from the king of the lands he lived in. Of course, he accepted.

The reward was so big the little boy packed his things quickly and left for the adventure.

But everything went bad for the kid. He had to fight trolls and ogres and bad witches and little grumpy mushrooms and so many other magical beings nonstop.

And when he had a peaceful time, it didn't last long.

"Did he ever finish his quest?" had asked Rhea.

"Eventually, he did," her mother had smiled as she gave her a kiss on her forehead.

But for years the boy didn't get a break, and Rhea thought that would be exhausting.

Now, she had an idea what not having a break from life felt like.

"Why dear daughter, you are not going to introduce us?" said the man, pointing at Remus, "I am Hyperion Avery, Rhea's father" he said calmly.

Rhea and Remus stood up, he was a little tired, but pulled his wand out of his pocket quickly.

Rhea did the same.

But her father was faster.

"Expelliarmus" he exclaimed, and Rhea's and Remus' wands flew into a corner. "I was expecting a, how to say, more friendly welcome" he smirked at them.

"Go to hell," Rhea said with hatred.

"How kind of you, my daughter" he responded and moved his gaze to Remus, "I see you spend your hours with this half-breed" he added.

"DON'T CALL HIM THAT," Rhea yelled, taking a step forward.

"I've seen him, you know, transform into a beast every month..." he said, ignoring Rhea's words, "I was hoping to see youhere, but I ran into him and his friends... You deserve so much better than a half breed, my little daughter" he said, andRhea lunged at him, but Remus stood in front of her, his arm protecting her.

"Oh please" Hyperion laughed, "Petrificus Totalus" he said nonchalantly, and Remus fell to the ground, "well, where were we?" he said, musing, "Ah! Yes! Your choice of company... you really disappoint me, Rhea, I thought you were better than that-"

"SHUT UP" Rhea lunged at him again, but her father pointed his wand at her and Rhea flew to the other end of the room.

"YOU SHOULD STOP INTERRUPTING YOUR FATHER!" yelled Hyperion, "I thought I taught you better manners," he said, exasperated. "You know, I waited a long time to get out of that place, and when I did... All I wanted was to see you and Epimetheus, but you never left that bloody school... until today! I really thought you would never go out, Rhea. I didn't think you were so stupid, but apparently" he added, looking at Remus, "love has blinded you. A shame, really"

"What do you want?" Rhea said, trying to get up while looking at her wand out of the corner of her eye, which was a couple of meters from her.

"I thought I would talk to you, so that you can join me! You are a really clever witch, and your abilities would serve the Dark Lord" he said, and Rhea took a step back, "oh yes, I know. Took me years to figure out, actually. You're mother hid your talents from me... HOW DARED SHE!" he said angrily but then took a breath, "my little sister, your aunt Elara, she had the same gift... How didn't I see it before? You would have been of so much use"

Rhea took a shaky breath. She knew about her aunt; she had died long ago and her father never talked about her. Seeing him do so gave Rhea even more fear.

He then narrowed his eyes, "but seeing the company you have, I would dare to say that you would not be of much help, really" he added pointing his wand at her, "unless you swear your loyalties to him"

"GO TO HELL" Rhea yelled at him.

"Well, I tried to be nice" he said with a smile and then yelled, "CRUCIO"

Rhea felt a rush of pain throughout her body and began to scream. The pain didn't stop, it was as if thousands of daggers entered her skin at the same time. The pain was too much. And she could only yell.

Then the pain stopped.

"Let's try again," her father said, "don't be a fool like your mother, pledge allegiance to the Dark Lord and join me!"

"GO. TO. HELL" Rhea yelled at him again, but this time her voice was hoarse.

"Come on Rhea, why are you complicating everything!" he complained, "CRUCIO" he yelled, more furious this time

Rhea could only scream. The pain was too much not to. She felt as if every bone in her body was breaking into pieces. She felt the tears fall from his eyes.

After a long time, it stopped.

Her father was pacing back and forth, muttering to himself, and Rhea, with all her strength, crawled and took her and Remus' wand, putting the latter in her pocket.

She got up and yelled, pointing at Hyperion, "EXPELLIARMUS"

Her father's wand flew into her hand and Rhea walked, with all the strength she could muster, over to where her father was, pointing her wand at him.

"Are you going to kill me?" he asked coolly as he put his hands on his back.

"You deserve it," she said to him, putting her wand on his neck. But Hyperion just laughed.

Remus, who was petrified but could see perfectly what was happening, watched as Hyperion pulled out a dagger. He tried to scream, warn Rhea, but no words came out of his mouth.

"You should pay attention to the details," he told her as he thrust the dagger into her abdomen. Rhea felt the metal enter through her skin and took a breath, taking a few steps back, "a shame, really, you would have been an excellent resource" her father said, taking his wand and hers, and watching as Rhea fell to the ground, "a very powerful poison, you know?" he added as he headed to the door, "I would say see you later, but I don't think we'll see each other again" he said sadly.

"You should pay attention to the details" Rhea whispered, taking out Remus' wand from her pocket and with the last of her strength, she pointed it at her father.

She thought of using that green spell he had used on her mother. She wanted to, all her senses were telling her to shout those two words that would end this once and for all.

But all she mumbled was "Petrificus Totalus" and watched as her father fell face down in the doorway.

Rhea took a breath and turned around, her eyes meeting Remus's.

She gave him a small smile before her eyes closed.