CHAPTER 54

THE OWLS

Thanks to all the study hours for the OWLS, Rhea had almost completely forgotten that her father was still free

Almost.

The first day they had to take the Herbology and History of Magic exams. They were somewhat arduous, but they all came out with a big smile. On Tuesday they had the theoretical and the practical exam of Charms.

"I can't believe they asked us to do seven spells!" Marlene complained, "my hand hurts from having to levitate a table for twenty minutes"

"You're lucky! They asked me to make the Color Change charm on an apple but one of the examiners ended up purple!" Josie whined.

On Thursday they had the theoretical and the practical exam of Potions.

"I KNEW THEY WOULD ASK US TO MAKE A DRAUGHT OF PEACE! THAT WAS EASY!" Rhea said happily.

"What?! It was not easy at all" Josh replied.

"But we went over it a thousand times," Rhea said, a little disappointed. She wanted all her friends to get an Outstanding, and she felt as if she didn't do enough for them to get one.

"Don't worry Ree, it's not your fault we're dimwits when it comes to Potions" Remus told her with a smile, placing his arm on Rhea's shoulder. She chuckled a little.

"How was it?" she asked him as they were strolling down the corridors towards the library.

"I stirred it 7 times, as you told me"

"Both clockwise and counterclockwise?" asked Rhea, playing with the hem of her sweater.

"Yes, Ree" Remus nodded.

"And before you put the hellebore, did you lower the-"

"Temperature of the cauldron? Yes, I did" he said with a grin and she smiled, feeling really proud.

"All right, just one more question"

"Aha..."

"How many drops of hellebore did you put?"

"Um, six?" said Remus and seeing Rhea's face, his eyes widened, "it was seven drops, right? Fuck"

"It's all right, as it's the last step, maybe they won't notice it" Rhea said in a whisper

"Ree, don't lie to me" he said, stopping in the middle of the corridor, trying to hold a big smile when he saw how worried Rhea was for him and how his Potions test had gone.

"All right... thought I really think, as it's the last step, it won't matter much... don't worry about it, the examinators expect the students to make mistakes'' she said with a kind smile, lifting her gaze to look at him.