CHAPTER 26

TWO HALVES OF THE SAME GALLEON

Remus arrived at his common room with a goofy grin on his face

Remus arrived at his common room with a goofy grin on his face. He climbed up the stairs and entered his room.

Peter was lying on the ground, doing a Charms homework and Sirius and James were trying to balance various objects on Peter's back.

"Don't move," James said as Sirius placed a packet of Every Flavor Beans on the top of what looked like a tall, weird and irregular tower. When Remus closed the door, Peter raised his head, causing his whole body to move, and therefore, the tower fell apart.

"PETER" exclaimed Sirius, "everything fell off"

"That's obvious," James said, but seeing that Remus was just smiling at the door, not even flinching at what just had happened, he suddenly stood up. "Why that smile?" he asked playfully, and Sirius looked up.

"Lupin, are you blushing?" the boy with long black hair asked and Remus just walked over and threw himself on his bed.

"Where were you?" Peter asked curiously.

"Yes, where were you?" repeated Sirius, but got no answer.

"I told you that making that map would be helpful, so we wouldn't have to question anyone! We'll know everything!" James exclaimed.

"Yes, maybe it's a good reason to start that project" Sirius mused and looked at Remus again, "well, tell us!"

Remus only smiled. He and Rhea might have had an awkward moment, but he was proud to have at least tried.

He didn't expect it to work, he knew Rhea was a somewhat distant person. But he was happy about the time they had spent together as they walked through the corridors. He was remembering her smile when they heard Filch screaming at Peeves in the distance, her eyes glistening in the moonlight and her hair all messed up in a bun, and every time she walked, it would loosen a little and pieces of her curly hair would come into view. Those thoughts made him smile.

She made him happy.

The three boys were asking him many questions, but he just repeated the conversation he had with Rhea in his head over and over again.

✧☽✧

It was the first time in years that Rhea had been able to sleep without a single nightmare. She woke up with a big smile and seeing it was a Sunday, she decided to go to the attic on the Clock Tower again. She loved the sight from there. So, she took a shower, changed and took her bag. As she climbed the stairs out of the dungeons, a blond boy was coming down and she felt something strange and took him by the arm. The boy had slipped on the floor, and if he hadn't been for Rhea, he probably would have fallen down the stairs.

"Oh! Thank you very much!" he told her with a bright smile and then, he went down the stairs more carefully.

Rhea nodded at the boy, not understanding how she had prevented that accident, but she forgot about it when she climbed the hidden stairs. Greg was there, taking a nap, and as soon as he saw her, he flapped his wings and perched on her shoulder.