CHAPTER 44

YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE DONE THAT WITH SO MANY WITNESSES

It was Thursday and the bruises were almost gone. Almost.

Rhea had decided to wear a scarf, to hide them, like she had done all the other days.

Her herbology class was a bit boring, but the constant fight between Josie and Josh kept Rhea entertained. All her friends had asked her hundreds of times if she was okay, their faces were full of concern. Rhea replied that she was.

And that was a lie. She was still afraid to meet Dolohov in the common room or in the hallways. It was as if he followed her everywhere. But she tried not to think about it.

The Potions class had finished a while ago but Rhea didn't move from her seat, she was reading the preparation of a very interesting potion, so interesting that for a moment she forgot about the bruises on her neck and wrists.

"Rhea?" Josh asked.

"Hm?"

"We have to go to History of Magic..."

"Right, go on, I'll see you there," she said without taking her eyes off her book.

Hesitant, Josh looked at Lily and Marlene at the door and they both nodded. Rhea needed space and they understood.

There were about five minutes to go before the next class, Rhea knew that, but she didn't have the strength to get up. Her mind wandered through her own memories. Her eyes were glued to a single sentence but she seemed unable to continue reading.

Use a knife to cut off two pieces of ginger root and add to the cauldron, the potion should turn from blue to green.

Rhea let out a frustrated breath, closing the book with annoyance. Not even the Potions that she loved so much could help her.

"I never thought the day would come that you closed one of those books with such anger" joked Remus but when Rhea heard his voice, she couldn't help but stand up quickly, she felt her pulse going faster.

Remus looked at her pale face, she looked afraid, "are you all right?" he asked, "I say it because on Friday I didn't see you in any of the classes, and well, I didn't see you on the weekend either" he said worriedly, "and I hardly saw you in the week either..."

"Oh yeah, I'm fine" she replied, unconsciously raising her hand to her neck, touching the soft fabric of her scarf. The sleeves of her robes slipped, the bruises on her wrists now visible. Immediately, she got them back up, but it was late, Remus had noticed them.