CHAPTER 77

CHRISTMAS AT ST. MUNGO'S

Rhea opened her eyes

She was met by a high white ceiling; took a breath and tried to adjust her vision. There was a lot of light.

She tried to sit but hissed, feeling a stabbing pain in her abdomen, she put her hand there. Rhea lifted the shirt she was wearing and saw that her abdomen was bandaged.

"Good! You are awake!" said cheerfully a witch who Rhea asumed was a Healer, "you had us all very worried"

"Hm?" Rhea said, still a bit dizzy.

"Well, I'll let them know that you woke up" she said and left.

Rhea was still lost; she didn't remember why she was there.

Running, Brianna entered with red and watery eyes, "oh Rhea" she sobbed and hugged her.

"Ouch" Rhea said and Brianna pulled away a bit.

"Sorry," she replied, straightening Rhea's hair, "how are you? Are you okay?"

"I think so" she said weakly and watched as Daniel and Theo took a couple of chairs and sat next to her.

After asking Rhea a thousand times if she was okay, she was finally able to ask them what was going on.

"Where are we?" Rhea asked, disoriented.

"At St. Mungo's, Ree" answered Daniel.

"What happened?"

"You don't remember?" Brianna questioned in dismay.

"They found you at the Shrinking Shack ..." Daniel said and in that moment Rhea remembered everything.

She panicked and looked around.

"Everything is fine, he won't be able to do anything to you- To us anymore" Theo told her, taking her hand.

"What?" Rhea asked.

"Ree, darling, a week ago they gave your father the Dementors Kiss" Brianna said and Rhea looked at her.

Her face did not show sadness, nor did it show joy. It was as if at that moment she didn't feel anything.

"One week?" Rhea asked, "How - how long have I been here?"

"Well, today is December 25" Daniel told her and Rhea's eyes widened.

"Wow," Rhea commented. She didn't know what else to say.

"Excuse me, but there are several people outside who want to visit..."

"Oh yes, Alissa, thank you very much" Brianna replied standing up.

Like a stampede, nine teenagers stormed into the room. Lily, Josie, Marlene, Josh, Nate, Remus, Sirius, James and Peter all had worried expressions on their faces.