CHAPTER 20

SINGING SONGS IN A MUGGLE CAR

As every summer, Daniel had some days planned with various activities to do over the holidays

As every summer, Daniel had some days planned with various activities to do over the holidays. They didn't tell him, but Theo and Rhea had grown fond of them. Yes, it was terrible to wake up early, but spending time with their uncle was something both of them really appreciated.

"You're going to like this one" said Daniel one of those days.

"Oh yeah?" questioned Theo.

"Yes. Rhea! Can you please bring one of the mixes I gave you?" he asked.

Every year, Daniel gave Rhea a new mix for Christmas. He told her that it was a mishmash between the last year mix, plus new songs.

At the moment, he had given her 3 cassettes, but she had more than just three. Rhea had discovered a music store near the entrance of Diagon Alley in London. So, last summer she bought herself various cassettes. Help! from the Beatles and Sticky Fingers from the Rolling Stones being two of them. She was fascinated by muggle music, and she had planned to visit that store again that summer, or any other store she could come across.

"The last one?" she asked and he nodded. She quickly went up to her room and the place was very well organized. Jolly had arranged everything. But Rhea loved her mess and didn't like it when someone else organized it, but she couldn't be mad at Jolly, she loved to arrange things.

So, she started looking for her cassettes. After several minutes she found them on one of her shelves. How had she not seen them before?

Taking the Awesome Mix vol. 3, she went down the stairs and met Theo and Daniel on the porch, the latter guided the siblings to the garage, in which there was a white car. Rhea tried to fake a shocked expression, trying to hide the fact that last summer she spent almost every day there, trying to learn how to drive.

Daniel took a key from the wooden key box. Theo's eyes widened and Rhea just looked at the car with an amused expression.

"In going to teach you how to drive!" Daniel said enthusiastically.

"In that thing! Oh no, don't count me in! I've heard in the muggle television how these are killing machines! People have died!" Theo exclaimed.

"Oh how dramatic" Daniel scoffed, "but don't worry, Rhea will go first, if we come back alive, you try it" he joked but it didn't help Theo's fear.

"We?" he said, a bewildered expression on his face.

"Of course, she's going to be on the drivers sit, I will be sitting next to her and you'll be on the back"

"You trust me enough to drive it?" asked Rhea, with the same bewildered expression her brother had.

"I've known for a year that you've been teaching yourself how to drive," Daniel stated, and Rhea's eyes widened.