CHAPTER 47

FUCK VERITASERUM

"Is it ready yet?" James asked anxiously

"Yes, it's ready" Rhea said and she heard James and Sirius celebrate while dancing weirdly. Or Rhea right they danced weirdly.

"FINALLY" shouted Sirius. It was the beginning of February and Rhea had finally managed to make Veritaserum.

"Well, promise me you'll only use it for your stupid game," Rhea said sternly.

"We promise" they both said at the same time.

"Good, I'll know if you break your promise" she told them, handing them a vial.

"How will you know?" asked James, narrowing his eyes.

"Believe me, she'll know," said Sirius.

But Rhea knew that this time she couldn't know. It had been nearly five months since she heard a single thought from others, and she didn't seem able to stop taking the blue potion. But nobody knew that.

It was a Saturday, and Rhea headed to the Great Hall for breakfast. There were very few people, considering it was really early in the morning, but she saw Lily, Marlene and the twins talking animatedly at the Gryffindor table.

"Well, I made a schedule, to study, you know" said Lily handing each of them a parchment.

"Wow, you took it seriously to pass the OWLS," Marlene said.

"Of course" Lily nodded, smiling.

"Imagine how amazing it will be to have all the classes together! Or well, most of the classes" said Rhea cheerfully.

"And to get passing grades so we can have a good future, but having classes together seems way more important" Lily joked and Rhea smirked.

At that moment, a reddish-brown owl entered the great hall and left a letter for Rhea.

"Whose it from?"

"Wait, let me see," the brunette said, opening it.

Dear Rhea,

You don't know how much I've missed you. I know things didn't end well, but I hope this gift will serve as compensation, and I am sure we'll meet each other again.

Love you to the moon and back,
Father

Rhea dropped the letter and the envelope, and a small black ring fell from it. Josie reached over to take it, but Rhea stopped her.

"Don't touch it" she told Josie, scared.

"Rhea, who sent it?" Lily questioned, worried.

"My father," she said, taking a breath. With her wand she levitated the ring, took the letter and left.