|59|

"Okay just a few more. Give me 10 more!" Dawn tells me as I grit my teeth in effort. I continue to push through as I pump out 10 more leg presses before slumping back in the chair. "Okay that's good" Dawn tells me as she lets me relax now. I take a swig of water as Dawn writes down something. I could barely feel my legs after the workout Dawn had me complete. The workout she had planned for me was some standard leg circuit training just set to a lower level that what I was used to.

So it fucking sucked that I felt I could barely walk after a session that I would normally wouldn't break a sweat for.

"That's all for today. Nice job" Dawn says. "So why does it feel like I didn't improve at all?" I pant as I use a towel to wipe down my face. Dawn gives me a sympathetic smile, "I know it may not seem like it but but you are improving Elliot. You have to remember that it's been a while since you've done any training like this. You have to build back up the muscle in your leg again. It just takes time". I sigh leaning back in the chair, "Everyone keeps saying that".

Dawn shrugs with a laugh, "Because it's true!" I look at the trainer with an unimpressed look but she just chuckles at me. "But for real though, how long do you think before I get back to full strength?" I ask. Dawn pauses for a second before she shrugs, "Honestly I don't know. I could tell you an estimated timeline but I think that would be utterly pointless". I scrunch my face at her, "What? Why?" She just grins at me.

"Because knowing you, you'll completely beat it".

.............

"Who is it?"

I grin at the closed door in which I heard my girlfriend's voice behind, "Your favourite American! The light of your life. Darling beloved. Favourite person in the entire world. Partner in Crime. Your Lover! Who comes baring gifts so please open the door!"

I can hear the soft sounds of snickering coming from the door before my smile widens as I hear the lock twist and the door opens. But instead of my girlfriend I come to face with Jordyn Huitema. We both stare at each other for a brief second before she plucks the bag full of sweets on of my hands and retreats back into the room. "Rude" I mumble as Jessie replaces her. She giggles and pecks my cheek as she wraps me up in a hug, "Hey Lee". My smile instantly reappears as I hug her back, "Hey Freckles".

She leads me in while I crutch behind her only to find that Jordyn was on her bed already tearing into my bag of sweets. I scoffed, "Nice to see you too Jords". She stops chewing temporarily long enough to give me a smile while Jessie helps me onto her bed. Once I'm situated Jessie moves in beside me and wraps her arms around me, "How has it been the past few days? How's the leg?"

I smile as I nuzzle myself just underneath her chin as my nose trails along her collarbone, "Good. Dawn's workouts are intense and my legs are numb afterwards but nothing an ice bath won't fix". She hums as she starts to card her fingers through my hair, "And the nightmares?" I start to mess with her ring attached to her necklace as o shake my head slightly, "No. Although I did wake up sweating one night but I couldn't remember what I was dreaming about". "Who are you rooming with? Did you ask them?" Jess asks. "I'm sharing with Mal and Rose. Mal was dead asleep but Rose says I was mumbling something but she couldn't tell what".

"Hmm but other than that, everything is okay right?" She asks. I nod, "Yeah everything has been fine". "No pain?" She tries again but I chuckle and move my hands to her face, "No pain. Freckles I'm fine I promise". She nods slowly before kissing the pad of my thumb which was tracing over her bottom lip, "I know I'm sorry. I just want to make sure your okay" I grin up at her before leaning in and kissing her lightly, "Nothing to be sorry about".