|8|

Well to make up for the last cliff hanger and because theunknownthing just released one of the greatest updates I've ever read I decided to update this early. I'm glad we're friends 💕

"AND IT'S ELLIOT GRIFFIN WITH HER THIRD GOAL. SHE'S AFTER SCORING A HAT-TRICK ON HER INTERNATIONAL DEBUT ABSOLUTELY SENSATIONAL!"

The whistle blows and I get tackled into a hug by Mal and Rose. The force of both them sends us to the ground which later turns to a dog pile as Kelley, Emily, Lindsey and everyone joins in. Once everyone gets off of me we go around shaking hands. I realise I didn't get to shake hands with number 17, "Fleming! Wait up!". She stops walking towards the tunnel and turns around facing me. I jog after her and hold my hand out to, "Great game you are a pain to chase down" I joke. Her cheeks were flushed red but I couldn't tell if it was from the compliment or the match, "T-thanks you obviously had a great game. Uh sorry about the slide tackle earlier". She had went in for a slide tackle while I had the ball but missed timed it and slightly clipped my ankle. I play it off, "It's fine. It happens sometimes although I have a fair few more bruises after today". "Same here O'Hara's a beast" "No doubt about it". We both laugh and I fidget with my hands, "Am I was uh wondering if maybe you would want to swap jerseys? It's okay if you don't, I just thought-". The Canadian chuckles and nods, "Yeah sure". I pull my jersey over my head and hand it to her before quickly throwing on her jersey. We both pose for a picture, "Well I hope we meet each other again soon and preferably not when we play against each other. I enjoyed talking to you". She nods and smiles slightly, "Yeah I hope so too". "Bye Fleming" "Bye Griffin".

She head off towards one of her teammates and I was about to head off into the dressing room but Jill called me, "Elliot your wanted for media duties". I nod before grabbing my uswnt jacket and throwing it on over the Canadian jersey.

I walk into the interview room where a bunch of journalists are waiting for me. The minute I sit down and take a breath the room erupts in questions. Eventually the team media manager gets everyone under control and we get to the first question, “So Elliot this was your first international cap and you’ve only been with the team for a short while, how do you feel about the team?”. I nod and then answer, “Well it’s been my dream to play international ever since I’ve been able to kick a ball, so this call up has been and absolute dream. Not only do I get to get to represent my nation against other amazing teams and players I also get to play with these amazing players that I have been looking up too for years. I know I’ve only been here for a small time but this whole team has made me feel immensely welcomed and honestly I hope to have these people in my life for years to come because like they say this team is a family”.

“So today you were able to assist Mallory Pugh when she got subbed in and she assisted two of your goals and the third being a incredible solo run by the way” I smile, “Thank you”, “No problem ,but my question is do you think you or Mallory have a chance of getting on the Rio Olympic roster when you two are the two youngest?”. I think for a second before answering, “Honestly I can’t answer that. I’m grateful to be able to play with the national team, but that’s up to the coaches, but if I was to get asked I would be ecstatic and would play every match to the best of my ability”.

“What was your first impression of the team when you arrived?”  “Sorry can you say that again?” “What was your impression of the team, were they standoffish or testing you” “Well if your looking for gossip there’s none. Like I said the team is a family. Yeah I was a new player and I had to prove I was here for a reason, but I respected them and they respected me they welcomed me with open arms and they have been nothing but kind to be. So watch your questions”. “I didn’t mean anything of it it’s just their have been rumours about some members of the team” “Oh like what?” “Well there was been rumours from sources saying that Alex Morgan is standoffish and unwelcoming to new recruits especially forwards while others say Mallory Pugh is a spoilt brat and feels she’s better than lower level players now that she’s on the national team as well as others”. I just laugh, “Are you for real? Like seriously do you know who you are talking about? So Alex Morgan the same person who stayed late with me to help me with my weak side shot is apparently standoffish and rude to newbies. The only argument she has gotten into that involved me was about who was I more like Alex or Tobin. Cause that just screamed rude doesn’t it. And your having a laugh if your calling Mal a spoilt brat. Mal was the first person I talked to at camp. She was the first friend I made here and we became really close quickly. She's like a sister I never had. Mallory Pugh in the short time that I have known her has been one of the most kind, funny, trusting and down to earth people I have ever met and I could go on and on but anyone who says otherwise is either jealous of her talent or looking for gossip just like you are. So why don’t you stop slagging my teammates and friends and go back to your 'sources'”. The room was silence for a bit before the other journalists clapped before the previous journalist huffed and left the room. I took a drink of water before talking again, “Sorry if I went off a bit I hate when people bully or try to start gossip or something. I think I’ll take maybe two more questions seeing as we don’t have much time left”. “So Elliot,  it seems like it’s taken a lot of work and dedication to get to where you are now is there anyone in particular that you have to thank for your recent success?”. I chuckle and run my hand through my hair, “God there is so many people who have contributed to my career and I’m still only 17. But everyone one of them deserve a mention so I’ll try and be brief. Well I would like to thank my Arsenal teammates as well as the managers back in England who all took a chance on me and helped me improve my game and skill. In particular I want to name two of them, firstly Vivianne Miedema. She took me in and not only helped me improve but she also taught me how to be humble and thankful for being able to do what I love, she honestly treats me like a little sister and I can always count on her. Secondly I have to thank Danielle van de donk. Not only is she one of the key reasons I sit here in front of you today, she’s always protected and looked after me. She’s been with me through the highs and lows and she is always there for me. I honestly couldn’t have asked for someone greater to have in my life. Next I obviously have to thank Jill for taking the chance on me and giving me the opportunity to fulfill my dream and I promise to live up to your expectations. I would like to say thank you to the girls on the team cause honestly it’s a team sport and I wouldn’t have been able to do anything on that pitch without them. Finally I have to thank the fans who have supported me whether you have supported me from the very beginning or just recently I wouldn’t have been doing this if it wasn’t for your support. So thank you. Okay last question cause we are nearly out of time and I badly need a shower I’d say”.