|66|

"Where are they?" Kelley asks checking her watch. Lindsey waves her off, "They probably just stuck in traffic". Christen bites the corner of her lip nervously, "But they left just before us..."

Sonnet groans, "Well I wish they would hurry up. I want my ice cream!" Kelley rolls her eyes and smacks the back of the blonde's head. It was only then while Willow was playing with Charlie her phone rang. She took a quick glance at the phone and smiled, "Hi Ell-". But she quickly stops.

But that was enough to catch the team's attention. They watch as Willow scrunches up her face before handing and walking towards them. Willow walks to her adoptive parents and holds out the phone to the Californian native, "It's Dylan. She says she need to talk to you. Now".

Christen gives her daughter a tight lipped smile as she takes the phone and steps away from the team. Rose starts to bite her nails a dreadful feeling starting to grow in the pit of her stomach, "Everything is okay...right?" Mal nods absentmindedly her eyes not leaving Christen who had turned her back to the team so they had no idea what was going on in the conversation. "Yeah. Yeah everything is alright..". But even as the young forward said that, everyone was thinking the same thing.

She didn't sound very sure.

It was only when Christen ended the call and slowly turned back around to the team. Instantly the feeling of dread worsened as they saw the look spread across the usually happy forward. Tobin was instantly by her side, "Chris? What's wrong? What did Dylan want?" Everyone watches anxiously as she let out a shaky breath, "They're in hospital". It was as if all their hearts collectively stopped for a brief second. A small tear slide down Christen's face as she latched onto Tobin.

"Elliot's....it's bad guys"

...........

"Jessie!" Kelley was the first to spot her and point her out. The team quickly made their way to the young Canadian midfielder but she didn't react. It was almost as if she didn't know they were there.

Christen and Tobin kneeled in front of the girl hoping to gauge a response from her. But instead they only saw how much blood was girl was covered in. And, from what they could see, Jessie's injuries seemed fairly minor so they could only assume it was someone else.

And they really didn't want to think who's it was.

"Jessie? Jessie what happened?" Christen asks gently hoping to find out what happened. But Jessie could only let out a shaky breath as she put her head in her hands. But everyone could see the tremor in her hands underneath the coat of dried blood. "Jessie? Where's Dylan?" Tobin asked as she noticed the absence of the teen as well as the younger sibling.

Jessie rubs her eyes, "She's with Jules. Jules hit her head and was unconscious. Doctors needed to check her out". Everyone breathed out a sigh of relief.

Unconscious but alive

Christen puts her hand on the young player's knee, "Jessie? What happened? Where's Elliot?" It was only after Jessie brought down her hands did they realise they she had tears streaking down her face. "We...we were driving. We were talking and laughing".

And then the sobs broke through.

The team could only watch as the young Canadian fell apart in front of them unable to do anything but let their heart's slowly crack as their ultimate fear grows more. All they could hear was random mumbling picking up stray bits of information. "It happened so fast....we were just driving.... Jules was dancing... Dylan was laughing....I was laughing....she smiled at me....kissed my hand....and then-"