|12|

Okay now I wasn't big into women's soccer back in 2016 and for some stuff like the Shebelieves Cup I don't fully understand (because I just like the teams and watching the actual soccer I don't really follow the politics or stuff behind it) so allow it if I get things wrong and all that. Feel free to correct me even. Also I know with the way I have this planned it mayyyy not line up time wise so do me a favour and just go along with it okay? Okay! Now let's get onto the chapter 😜

"We have now landed and can now disembark from the plane. I hope you have a safe journey and thank you for flying with British Airways"

"Thank god" I mutter as I get up from my seat. I have nothing against flying or any of that, but let me tell you sitting in a cramped airplane seat for a few hours is neither pleasant or comfortable. I got up from my seat and stretched my arms above my head until I heard a cracking from my back. I twist and shake out my stiff arms and legs before grabbing my bag from the overhead bin.

I trudged my way through the airplane trying to shake off the tiredness long enough to find my way to the exit. I was vaguely aware that some people were recording me as I walked. I rolled my eyes knowing that it was going to make an appearance on all my social medias later today. I swear recently I can't go anywhere without it making the headlines.

Okay maybe I should catch you up

It's been a few months since my birthday and I've gotten a good balance between Arsenal and the national team. I work hard and train with the girls at Arsenal keeping up with my schoolwork and then fall back into somewhat of a routine when I go to National camp every month. Things were good at Arsenal, I was playing solid so I've been told, but the results just don't end in our favour. Things seemed to have flown by in a blink. Luckily Mal's birthday was on during camp so we had a big celebration for her. Both Mal and I have finished High school. Sadly I didn't get to fly out for it because I had a match against Bristol but I heard Kelley and a few others were there for it.

She won't tell me what she's decided about what's she's doing now though no matter how much I bother her ask it. She's says she'll tell me if I tell her what I'm doing. But to be honest I don't know myself what I'm going to do although I have been leaning towards one. And it didn't help that everything I did ended up in the news. I had a break so I a went to Portland to watch a match. I was having dinner with Tobin and the girls when I saw there was a new report going around saying there's rumours saying I'm signing with the Thorns to keep my spot on the national team. But other than all the rumours everything has been great.

I still talk to Jess since we last met. We call and text most days. Time difference sucks. But yeah still going strong and she's just as eager as Mal to know what I'm thinking about for the future. Jessie has already committed to UCLA and have everything set to light up the college league. All she has to do is graduate high school.

Which leads me to where I am now

I dial my phone knowing she's probably getting ready about now. It rings twice before I hear her on the other end, "Hey El". I roll my eyes, of course she acts as if it's a normal day, "Nice try Jess we both know I'm calling to tell you congratulations on graduating". She laughs down the phone and I can hear the background noise die down meaning she's probably moving to a quieter room, "And here I was thinking you wouldn't remember" she teases. I scoff, "You said that about your birthday as well yet who was the first person to call you". This sends her into another set of giggles, "Fair enough. Anyway what are you up too?". I smirk as I hail down a taxi, "Well I'm in London at the moment". "Oh really what you doing?" She asks and I can hear some shuffling from her end. "Meeting up with a friend actually" I smile settling into the car whispering the address to the driver. "Oh cool no practice or anything?" "Nope we actually are on a break in the league at the moment" I say. We continue talking for a bit before there's some talking on Jessie's side, "Okay I have to get ready now for graduation before mom has a fit". I laugh, "We wouldn't want that now. Anyway congrats Jess". "Thanks, talk later?" She asks. I smile and nod even though she can't see me, "Definitely".