|2|

"Do you have everything?" "Yes". "Do you have your ticket?" "Yep". "Your passport?" "Yup". "All your training gear?" "Oh my god Daan yes I have everything. Stop worrying!" I laugh as Daans panicked state. Danielle sighs, "I know I'm sorry. It's the first time in 2 years that you'll be alone without anyone on the team". I calm down at the thought knowing I won't have any of the girls to help me like always, "I know hopefully I don't have any set backs". Daan frowns slightly at that. "Hey, you'll do great. Just play like you usually do and you'll be fine" Viv reassures. I nod before pulling her into a hug. When I pull away I'm pulled back into hugs by Leah, Jordan and Beth who all whispered pieces of encouragement into my ear. When they are all done the others leave me and Daan alone for a bit to say goodbye.

I think she can feel how nervous I am as I start to play with my passport and ticket in my hand, "You will be fine Ellie. And if you need anything just remember I'm only a phone call away". I sigh calming down the slightest bit, "I know. It's just the first time I'll be away from you in 2 years. But what if the team doesn't like me? What do I do if I have a panic attack? You won't be there to calm me down!". I can feel my anxiety rising but before if can get any worst I feel Daan slip her hands into mine, "Ellie I need you to breathe. Okay breathe. Everything is going to be okay". Once my breathing evens out and goes back to normal I put my head into Daan's neck and hug her waist while she wraps her arms around my shoulders. "You haven't had a panic attack in a while now. You are doing so good. And I am certain that the team will absolutely love you. I don't know if it is possible for someone to hate you" Daan assures. I nod into her neck just sinking into her embrace knowing I won't be seeing her for the next two weeks. We stay like that for a little while before I hear my plane getting called.

I finally pull myself from Daan before glancing over all my stuff making sure I have everything. I look at Daan one more time, "I better head. Don't want to miss my flight". Daan cups my face kissing my forehead gently, "Your going to smash it Ellie. I'm going to miss you so much. Call my when you get there. I love you". I beam back at the woman who has stood by me in my hardest times, "Love you too. Tell the team I'll miss them loads. See you in two weeks". And with that I turned and head off to my plane. Ready to head back to America after all these years.

..........

My knee bounced as we were about to land. I didn't get any sleep on the flight. I was too excited or nervous I couldn't tell. After what seems like and eternity the plane finally lands and we disembark from the plane. Once I find my bags I make my way through the airport I find a man holding a sign with my name on it. I walk towards him and he seems to realise who I am, "Hello miss Griffin. Pleasure to meet you my name is David, Miss Ellis sent me to bring you to the hotel". I nod smiling at him. He helps me with my bags and leads me out to the car. On the way I'm stopped by a little girl wearing an Arsenal hat, "Your Elliot Griffin right?". I smile down at the adorable girl and crouch down beside her, "Yes I am. What's your name sweetie?". She smiles brightly at me, "My names Mia. I watch all your games. I want to be just like you when I'm older!". I'm just in awe of this little girl she can't be older than 8, "Well I'm so happy you watch my matches. And I bet one day you'll be way better than me! Want me to sign you hat and maybe take a picture with me?" Mia nods her head excitedly and looks at her mom who smiles and nods. I grab a marker from my pocket and sign her hat and then wrap an arm around her while her mom takes the picture and David take the picture on my phone. Once their done the girls hugs me and I laugh, "Thank you!". I smile at her, "Thank you, hopefully I get to see you at one of my games soon". And with that the girl skips off while her mom mouths "Thank you"  to me. David shows me to the car and we finally set off for the hotel. "It was really nice what you did for that little girl" David says looking at me through the car mirror. I smile, "I love meeting fans. We are nothing without our fans. But I especially love that that I inspire young girls to continue playing". David smiles at my answer and continues driving to the hotel.