|38|

Well you got to 80 votes but I think I was always going to post it. What can I say? It's a great day! Thanks for all the comments and support with the book! Hope you enjoy!!

"I really don't think this is a good idea Lee" Jess sighs. I gasp and hold my hand to my heart in mock hurt, "Do you not enjoy my company? Are you sick of me already?"

She rolls her eyes and gives me a quick peck, "Never. All I'm saying is you can't hide from your team forever. Your going to have to talk to them eventually". I let out a deep sigh as I start to play with her ring on her chain, "I know. It's just....hard". She frowns but continues to listen while playing with the ends of my hair.

I sniff as I distract myself with her chain, "It hurts knowing the people I consider family don't trust me to do my job. That I would let them down like that. That they don't trust me enough". I look Jess in the eyes, "What did I do wrong?" She frowns as she wipes away a tear I didn't know I let slip, "Oh Lee you didn't do anything wrong". She pulls me close into a hug as I nuzzle myself into her clinging onto her tight. "They were just stressed from the World Cup and the lawsuit I'd say Lee. They would never mean to hurt you intentionally" she whispers in my ear before kissing my temple.

I sigh in content as I lean further into her, "I know. How do you always know what to say to make me feel better?" I don't even need to look at her to know she's smiling right now, "Because your my girlfriend and it's my job to make you happy". I pull back and kiss the top of her nose making her scrunch her face at me making me laugh, "And you do. Every single day".

She beams up at me as she cups my face and brings me in for a soft kiss. I'm smiling so much that I can't return the kiss properly making her pull back and playfully whine at me, "Stop smiling so I can kiss you properly!" I stick my tongue out at her, "Well I'm sorry". She nudges my nose with her's, "Well I think you owe me for that now". I quirk an eyebrow at her, "Oh really? What might that be now?" She smirks at me leaning extremely close, "I think a hundred kisses should suffice". I hum as if pretending to think, "I think that seems fair".

Jess shakes her head while I giggle before she leans in to capture my lips in a kiss again. I lean into her closing the space in between us deepen the kiss. I push her backwards so she's now on her back as I climb on top of her hovering over her. I put my weight on my arms which are beside her head while I feel her hands rest on my hips. I trap her bottom lip between my teeth lightly nipping it. She moans softly and she hands move from my hips upwards slipping under my t-shirt.

We no doubt would have happily continued if we hadn't been interrupted by a knock on the door causing us to break away. "Jess open the door!" Sinc calls as she knocks again. I look at Jess before I scramble off her, "I need to hide!" Jess looks at me confused, "What?" I roll my eyes as I look around the room and whisper, "If the team know I'm missing, Tobin no doubt called Sinc to ask if she's seen me!" Jess nods and quickly looks around before pointing at the closet. I sigh but quickly enter the closet and closing the door behind me.

I try not to move as I listen to their conversation through the door. "Hi Sinc what's up?" "Hey Jeff any chance you've seen Griffin lately. Her team has been looking for her. They haven't been able to find her" The Canadian legend asks. Jess pauses for a second before answering, "No I haven't seen her. I talked to her a few days ago on the phone but nothing since". I can hear Sinclair sigh before she starts talking again, "Okay. Did you hear that Tobs?.... Yeah.... We'll keep an eye out for her and if we see her we'll call you....Okay bye Tobin".

I bite my lip as I guess she hangs up the phone call with Tobin. But my eyes widen when she speaks again. "Okay where is she Jeff?" She's asks sternly. "W-what?" Jess stutters and I wince knowing it's not going to be long now before I'm found out. "Cmon Jeff I don't believe for a second she hasn't at least called you yet. Tobin and her team have all talked to all her former teammates at Arsenal and none of them know where she is. So it's either she's in danger or she came to see you cause I know how close the two of you are. So where is she Jeff?"