|14|

"We're finally here bitches!" Pinoe calls out after we step out of the airport. We had just landed in Rio our first match fast approaching. I had traveled around a lot with my parents when I was younger but I had never been to Rio.

And it was safe to say I was in awe of the place

"You alright there Ellie?" Alex joked. "This is brilliant" I exclaims sounding slightly British. "This place breathes soccer. Some of the best players in the world grew up here. Legends of the game!". "I think it's safe to say Griffin is ready for the games to start" Abby jokes.

"I'm hyped! This is the Olympics! How can you not be excited? You ready to kick some ass Mal Pal?" I bounce before sliding up beside Mal. She laughs at my child like excitement, "Yeah Ellie. Still a bit mad you didn't tell me you joining the Bruins as well though".

"I know. I'm sorry I wasn't allowed say until it was announced. But I'll make it up to you" I say. "How will you do that now?" The younger girl asks quirking an eyebrow at me. "Well after we crush the Olympics. I'm going to help you get your first goal as a Bruin" I promise. "You got yourself a deal Griffin" she smiles back.

"Now time to take on the Olympics"

.............

You know when your just lying on the bed eyes closed not sleeping just not doing anything. Well I was doing that right now. After we got to the hotel I was beat but I couldn't exactly take a nap because team dinner was so soon. So I was just valuing the short time I had of peace and quiet.

But I couldn't exactly do that when my phone was continuously going off

I groan as I flip over and grab my phone trying to find out why it was blowing up like this. I open my phone and freeze when I see the first headline.

Newest Uswnt Star Struggles with Past?
One of the newest call ups to the US side is European starlet Elliot Griffin. But not much was known about the new rising star of the American side. People barely knew she was American! So people want to know about one of the up and coming stars of the future.

It was discovered that Griffin's parents were killed by a drunk driver at the young age of 12 sending her into foster care. She was later adopted by a couple and moved to England. But all wasn't well as it was later discovered that Griffin was being abused by her foster parents.

But it seems like Griffin may still be haunted by her terrifying past as one witness steps forward about witnessing what could only be described as a panic attack.
"Yeah it was really weird. I remember staying late after a Portland game trying to get a signed jersey for my daughter. When a few fans rushed her. Once she got away from the fans she just collapsed and it looked like Heath went to help her"

With this in mind is it really wise for the youngster to be playing in such a big tournament?

That's as far as I read before I couldn't bare it anymore. I felt sick to my stomach. My head was spinning and I was very dizzy. My legs gave away from under me and the next thing I knew I was on the ground. I couldn't believe it.

Everyone knew now

"Now everyone knows what's a freak you really are!"

"That your a useless piece of trash!"

"Your worthless!"