|29|

"Don't even think about it Lee!" "Whatcha gonna do about it Freckles?" "Elliot I swear to god I will end you".

We hold each others stares as she narrows her eyes at me almost daring me to do it. "Do it!" Teagan dares me off to the side. "I don't know Ellie" Hailee starts clearly not sure about it, "she seems pretty serious. You might want to reconsider". Teagan scoffs playfully, "Look at the size of her. She's only tiny and Elliots a tank. What's the worst she could do?"

"Jessie's fast though" Sunny comments. "But Ellie has a head start" Anika points out. "Guys shut up" I say not tearing my eyes away from the Canadian in front of me. "Last chance Lee. Do it and we're done" she glares at me. I lick my lips and let out a deep breath and thinking for a second before deciding.

Fuck it

I open fire on her as she tries to cover herself as I spray her with water. "Elliot!" She squeals as she covers her face to stop the water hitting her eyes. I laugh as I soak her while she curls up into a ball on her towel and her book thrown off to the side forgotten.

But my laughter soon stops when I run out of water

There was a seconds pause as we stare at each other. Me with an innocent smile and Jessie looks up at me with a murderous glare from the ground. I drop the water gun and take off down the beach kicking up sand behind me. I can hear the others shouting behind me but I don't turn around as I know I'll slow down if I do and she's catch me.

I made it down a good length of the beach before I'm tackled to the ground. I groan and spit out sand that got into my mouth, "Jesus Jess". She's still on my back and smacks the back of my head and wiping her wet face and hair on me, "I told you not to! Our friendship is officially over" she jokes. I look down the field to see our friends all watching us laughing. Teagan was hunched over clutching her stomach she was laughing so hard.

I tilt over and Jess falls off my back onto the sand beside me and I turn my head to look at me, "Trust me I think we ruined the friendship a while ago". Her cheeks flush but she lets out a big laugh and I join in. I get up and dust off the sand before I hold out a hand to Jessie and help her up. I start walking back when Jessie jumps on my back and cling onto my shoulders. I chuckle and tilt my head back to see her, "Just like old times aye?" Jessie giggles and nuzzled her face into my shoulder.

I walk back over to the rest of the girls who all smirk at me. "Okay maybe I shouldn't have done it" I sigh. Jessie flicks me in my ear and I whine, "Ow! Okay I'm sorry". Everyone laughs while I pout and Jessie pats my cheek. Jessie hops off my back and looks down at her now soaked shirt, "Leeee!" I giggle before I go over to my bag and throw her a spare shirt, "Here Jess".

She catches it before taking off her own. Teagan being Teagan catcalls and whistles at Jessie, "God damn baby Canada". Jessie blushes bright crimson and shys away from everyone and quickly pulls my shirt over her head. She looks over at me and I give her a wink and she somehow gets even redder.

"Cmon Ellie! Let's go for a swim!" Teagan shouts whipping off her own shirt to reveal a swimsuit underneath. I scratch the inside of my forearm and play with the ends of my shirt, "Uh not right now Teags". She nods and her and some of the others run off towards the ocean. Jess gives me a look at nudges me gently, "You okay?" I give her a small smile, "Yeah. Yeah I'm fine".

She doesn't look convinced but doesn't say anything more for now. Both Jess and I pull out books and read for a bit while the others do their own stuff. "How come even when we're at a beach the two of you are still nerds?" Anika laughs. Jess and I look at each other before we turn back and shrug. "Wanna play soccer tennis?" Sunny asks. I mark my place and stand up, "Sure. Always up to whoop your asses in soccer". "Dems are fighting words Griffin" Anika challenges as she grabs the ball.