|20|

Honestly wasn't planning on updating but I thought in honour of it being Jessie's birthday I decided to celebrate a goat being born today. Hope you enjoy!!

I groan slightly as my alarm goes off on the locker beside my bed. I aimlessly feel around for my phone before grabbing it. "Turn it off" Mal whines shoving her head into her pillow. I chuckle slightly as I turn off the alarm.

I quickly change into some tracksuits and a hoodie before quickly brushing my hair and teeth. "Where are you going?" Mal mumbles as I grab my glasses, keys and phone. "It's fine Mal just go back to sleep" I whisper. "M'kay" Mal sighs before she's asleep once more. I smile and shake my head at the forward before slipping on my runners and heading out the door.

I shiver from the cold as I walk to my car. The minute I get into the car I turn up the heating trying to warm up my hands before I start driving. I drive to the airport which is fairly quiet as the roads are pretty much empty. I yawn as I park close to the entrance and walk inside.

I rub my eyes underneath my glasses as another yawn escapes me. Probably wasn't the best idea to stay up late doing homework now looking back on it. I walk to the arrivals where to find my favourite Canadian standing tirelessly with her bags on her phone. I smile as I realised how much I missed the introvert.

But that doesn't mean I can't have a bit of fun with her.

"Oh my god! Is that's Jessie Fleming? The bronze medal Olympian?!" I squeal as if I was a fan. Jess looks up from her phone with a shocked and tired smile but chuckles when she sees it's me. But I don't drop the act I stand in front of her all excited, "It is you! I'm like your biggest fan! Can I have an autograph?" Jessie rolls her eyes but I can see a smile plain as day on her face and she opens out her arms, "Shut up and hug me".

I laugh but comply as I hug the midfielder and decide to pick her up and spin her around which emits a giggle from her. I hug her tighter as I place her down on the ground, "I missed you Jess". I could feel her squeeze my shoulders tighter, "I missed you too El". We stayed in the hug for a little bit longer before we separated and I grabbed her suitcase, "Cmon let's get you to your room, you must be wrecked". Jess followed me as I walked to the car, "I can take my bag". But I shake my head, "It's fine and I already know how tired you are just by looking at you". She huffs but continues to follow me. I threw her suitcase in the trunk and and quickly hopped into the driving seat.

"Thanks again for picking me up. I know you could be sleeping right now" Jessie thanks while we wait for the car to heat up. I laugh, "It's fine Jess I couldn't leave you to wonder your way through America without a guide. Beside I get to brake in my new car". Jess turns to me as I pull out of the car park, "This is yours?" I nod, "Yeah I brought it a little while ago. Thought it would be handy to have a car just incase". "Nice. I never knew you wore glasses" Jess smiles. I shrug as my main focus is on the road, "They're more for reading or when my eyes get tired than anything. Like I don't need them to see per say cause I don't need contacts for when I don't wear them".

In my peripheral vision I can see Jess shrug and smile at me, "I wouldn't expect the future of US women's soccer to wear such dorky glasses". I roll my eyes playfully, "What? Do I not fit the jock stereotype enough for you?" She laughs, "No". I roll my eyes as she giggles in her seat, "I'm only teasing. They look cute on you". I stop at a traffic light and pull off my glasses and hold then out to her, "They're not even that strong I bet you could see with them". Jessie take them and slips them up the bridge of her nose and looks at me. I aw at her as I look at her with my glasses on, "Awwww you look adorable!! And here I didn't think it was possible for you to look more like a dork".

Jessie blushes and looks around, "Shut up. Everything looks slightly clearer though". I quickly open my phone, "I have to get a picture of this". "Nooo" Jess whines and tries to hide her face. But I take her hands away from her face holding them, "Cmon Jess please! You look cute. I won't post it anywhere. I promise!" Jess groans and relents looks at the camera, "Fine". Jess eventually smiles at the and starts messing around posing slight pushing the glasses all the way up her nose causing us to both laugh.