|55|

"Want me to come in with you?"

I lick my lips but shake my head, "No I'll be okay". Jessie nods and squeezes my hand, "Okay". "Thank you for agreeing to doing this" she smiles as she runs her thumb over the back of my hand.

After my breakdown with Jessie I finally agreed to go talk to somebody. Deciding that I needed to talk to someone about everything that's happened. I know Jessie was slightly disappointed that I wasn't going to talk to her. But with everything that's happened, I can't unload all of that on her.

"You were right" I say as I look down at our hands, "If you think this will work. I'll try it. For you". She smiles and leans over kissing my temples, "I love you". I smile back at her, "I love you too Freckles". We sit there for a little while longer before the receptionist smiles at us, "Doctor Ryan will see you now". I nod and Jessie smiles at me, "I'll be right here okay. I'll wait for you". She gives my hand one last time before I wheel myself to the office with the nameplate Doctor Corey Ryan.

I knock gently on the door and I can hear a small, "Come in". I open the door and wheel myself into the door closing it behind me. The woman smiles up at me looking up from her pad, "Hello you just be Elliot". I nod and shake her hand, "Yes it's nice to mean you Doctor Ryan". She smiles, "You can call me Corey if you would like I don't really mind". I nod, "Sounds good".

"So what do you want to talk about?" She asks putting down her pen giving me her full attention. I just shrug playing with my fingers. She seems catch on and redirects, "How are you feeling?" Once again I just shrug, "Fine I guess". She leans back crossing her arms with a hint of a smile, "You really don't want to be here do you?"

I run my hand through my hair with a sigh, "No not really". "Then why are you here?" She asks. I let out a huff, "If I'm being honest because of the girl waiting outside in your lobby". She hums, "Your girlfriend Jessie right?" I nod with a small smile, "Yeah. She wanted me to come see someone and I don't think there's anything I wouldn't do for that girl". "You quiet literally took a bullet for her" she grins. I lick my lips with a small chuckle, "Yes I did". I play with my fingers, "And I would do it again".

"You don't regret it?" She asks leaning forward now. I shake my head, "I know. It's weird right? Saying I don't regret getting shot. But honestly I don't think so? I mean if me getting shot means that it saves Jessie from the pain I'm feeling right now, then yes I would do it again". I chuckle lightly hiding my mouth behind my hand, "And it honestly terrifies me". "Why's that?" She asks again. "Because it terrifies me how much I love that woman. I jumped in front of a bullet for her because I don't think there's a life worth living where I don't have her by my side. And the thought of losing her destroys me. And I know that what's happened has put a toll on her and on me. On both of us and our relationship. So that's why I'm here. Because I want to get better for her".

I look her dead in the eye as I see her look back at me sympathetic eyes, "I can recovery from not being able to walk again. But I can't survive losing her".

..............

"Hey I'm Riley!"

I look up from my phone to a smiling bubbly brunette staring down at me, "I'm Elliot". "Oh I know" she smiles and I tilt my head at her before she starts to explain, "My little brother absolutely adores you and always watches your matches. It's kinda hard not to know who you are when your little brother thinks your a god". I can feel the heat pout off my face as I blush, "Oh um thanks".

"No problem your pretty amazing so I'm glad your his role model of anything" she shrugs. My blush only worsens as I nod making her chuckle. "Okay so before we begin, can you stand up?" I furrow my eyebrows but do as she says and stand up from my wheelchair. She hums as I looks me up and down and circles me making me look at her funny.