|23|

"I. Understand. Nothing!!!" I groan as I hit my face with a pillow for each word. "Why don't you take a break Ellie? You've been studying pretty hard for a while" Mal sighs as I stare down at my textbook. "Nothing seems to be sticking and I've been studying for the past hour now" I groan as I flip to the next page.

I can hear Mal sigh before she gets up and grabs my book, "Hey!" "Look Ellie there's no point in keep going if your not retaining any of it. Your just stressing yourself out and getting frustrated. You need a break" Mal explains as she tosses my book onto my bed. "How about we head down to the field early and just mess around for a bit before practice?" She asks. I sigh and nod getting up from my chair, "Sounds better than staying here. One more minute and I think I will throw my textbook out the window". "Well that solves that doesn't it" Mal laughs.

We both start to change into our training gear but I need to ask Mal what happened, "Mal can I ask you something?" "Sure what's up Ellie?" Mal says while looking for her slides. "What....what happened between you and Jessie while you two were in the closet?" I ask fidgeting with my fingers. I could see Mal tense but quickly relaxes and turns to me. It happened so quickly that I if I wasn't watching I wouldn't have seen it. "Nothing really happened. We just went into the closet and talked" Mal sighs but she didn't look at me.

Which instantly told me that she was lying to me

"Mal you sure nothing happened?" I try one last time. She sighed as she ran a hand through her hair, "I don't know what happened". I tilt my head at her, "What do you mean?" She sighs as she sits on her bed, "One minute we were just standing there talking and then for some reason I find myself leaning into her but then times up before anything can happen".

I can feel my heart twinge with pain a bit at the confession but I'm able to keep my face neutral, "So do you like Jessie?" "I don't know!" Mal cries as she frails her arms up but dropping them on the bed. I move to sit beside her on her bed as I put my arm around her as she leans onto my shoulder, "Don't worry. You'll figure everything out Mal. Everything will work out in the end". We sat there quietly for a few minutes before Mal speaks up, "Ellie?" I hum letting her know I'm listening, "Yeah Mal?" She pulls away from me as she looks at me, "How...how did you know you...liked girls?" I think for a second before replying, "I don't know really. I guess I've just never really been attracted to any guys before, I always found myself looking at girls instead". She just nods before throwing her head back, "Why is this so confusing?" "I don't know Mal Pal. I don't know" I breath out as I rub her arm.

We grab our stuff before heading to the locker room to get our cleats. "Are you coming to the Halloween party tonight?" Mal asks as we walk. I shrug, "I don't know Mal. Parties aren't really my thing". "Cmon Ellie you have to come. It will be so much fun!" Mal begs. "Mal..." I sigh but she stops me, "Please Ellie it'll be fun I promise". I turn and look at her to see her puppy eyes out in full effect and so I sigh, "Fine. Fine I'll go". Mal claps her hands with a huge smile in her face, "Yes! Ellie tonight is going to be so much fun. Your going to need a costume though". I shrug, "I'll throw something together". I link arms with her, "but for now I'm going to kick your ass in one on one".

..............

"I need a favour" Jessie says as she walks into my dorm. I chuckle as I put down my book, "Oh hey freckles! I'm great thanks for asking". She laughs as she sits next to me, "Sorry. Hey Lee". "I'm just teasing Jess what's up?" "Can I borrow your glasses for my costume tonight?" She asks trying her best to give me puppy dog eyes.

After I agreed to go to the Halloween party with Mal, Teagan and I spent the whole of training begging Jess to come with us tonight. After about an hour of bothering her and me actually getting down on my knees and begging, she agreed to come with us.