|64|

Hey guys!!! Did you seriously think I wasn't going to post on her birthday? Unfortunately it's not a very upbeat chapter I suppose (please remember it's finishing soon so I have to stick to this story plot I have organised). And I had hoped that I would be able to write an imagine for my other book for today but I didn't have time with homework and study and everything else. Hopefully I get time and maybe finish it. But for now I hope you enjoy as today we celebrate the birth of a GOAT. So Happy birthday Jessie "Freckles" Fleming. Hope you guys enjoy!!!

"Stop it. You look fine" Jessie scolds slightly as I keep messing around with the blazer of my suit. I nod my head, "Your right. I'm sorry". She sighs and starts to smooth down the ceases of my clothes, "Don't be sorry". I look at her as she bites her lips as she fixes the collar of my shirt. She looks up at me, "I know your nervous and it's understandable but your going to do great. And if anything goes wrong, which it won't,  just look over at me and remember all the breathing techniques we practiced".

I nod just trying to remember all the things Payton told me in preparation for testifying. But Jessie obviously can see that I'm inside my head already and cups my face and leans up on her tippy toes and gives me a quick peck on the lips, "And above all else. Remember no matter what happens today, I'll always love you and I'm so proud of you for doing this".

I grin at her words and hug her into me, "I love you too". She pecks my nose lightly, "Forever and always. Now we better go".

Jessie insisted on driving which was probably for the best after seeing how much my hands were shaking. I hated this so much. Sure I was okay with match interviews but that was after years of practice and with reassurances from the team before every one of them. They always made sure there was someone with me as well. But this was completely different. I was going to be all alone up on that stand and from Payton's "pep talks" our case was hinging on my testimony.

So no fucking pressure at all

I was silent the entire drive and Jessie let me be. But she held my hand making sure to anchor myself so I didn't drown myself in my thoughts. I almost let out a whimper when we pulled up to the courthouse. But with Jessie's hand held in a vice like grip we made our way up the steps.

But I was shocked when I got to the top

"What are you doing here?" I ask as I walk closer to them. "Did you really think we weren't going to be here to support you?" Alex smiles. "Plus we wanted to see you smooth talk your way around that jackass USSF attorney" Kelley grins. I chuckle but pull them both into hugs, "Thank you". Kelley pats my back, "Anything for you kid". When I pull away I soon feel something hit my legs.

I chuckle as I look down at the 6 year old currently hugging my legs, "Hey Jules". I scoop her up into my arms and she immediately wraps her arms around my neck for a proper hug. I look over at Dylan and Willow, "What are you doing here?" Willow smiles, "Mom and Mama were talking about how you had the trial today and I wanted to come".

My eyes widen, "Mom and Mama?" She blushes but nods looking to Christen and Tobin who both have massive smiles taking over their faces. I pull her into a one armed hug and lean down and kiss the top of her head, "I'm so happy for you Wills". When I let go she skips happily over to her moms. I turn to Dylan and open my arms out for her. She smiles and falls into the hug as well. I hug the two siblings who I've grown attached to tightly, "I love you guys so much". Jules pulls back and pats both my cheeks with her hands, "We love you too".

When I pull back and look at all the veterans that came today, "Thanks for coming". Julie smiles at me, "Of course". "We're family" Tobin adds. I smile brightly looking at Jessie who leans into my side while I wrap my arm around her waist. I smile as I feel Jules kiss my cheek and Dylan nods at me.