|4|

"I-I h-hate ice b-baths" I stutter as I'm shivering as I sit in between Christen and Tobin in a hot tub filled with ice cubes and freezing cold water. I have a towel wrapped around my shoulders and head while Christen and Tobin as doing the same. "I know they suck. Just a few more minutes" Christen says wrapping an arm around my shoulder. I leaning into Christen finding her really warm compared to the cold water. I hear someone come into the room, "Awe this is cute". I look look up to see Kelley and Alex standing in the doorway the later taking a picture of us in the ice bath. She shows us the picture and you can see the 3 of us huddled together desperately trying to stay warm. "Can you blame us? It's so colddd" I whine while the other two nod. Finally the alarm goes off meaning we can get out.

I say a quick goodbye to the girls and make a mad dash for my room. When I get there Mal has already showered meaning I can shower. I take a quick shower and throw on my pajamas pants and an oversized hoodie throwing my wet brown hair into a messy bun. I don't bother putting in my contacts and just go with my glasses. When I walk out Mal is texting on her phone, "Hey, there's team bonding on in Alex and Kelley's room soo- wow I never knew you wore glasses". I shrug before pushing them up the bridge of my nose, "I usually wear contacts on the pitch. I just didn't feel like putting them in right now". Mal nods, "Well ready to go". I grab my phone and we head off to team bonding. I knock on the door. "It's open!" Someone shouts from inside. We walk in and Mal goes and sits with the youngsters on the floor while I scoot into a seat in between Christen and Tobin on one of the beds. "So what are we doing tonight?" HAO asks. "Truth or dare!" Emily shouts from the floor. Some of the girls shrug while others nod.

Truth or Dare it is I guess

"Okay but nothing too wild. Don't want to scared the new ones off too soon" Carli says. "Aye aye Captain" Pinoe says while saluting in her direction which gets laughs from the room. So that's how it starts. Emily was dared to knock on a stranger's room pretending they were looking for her friend. Lindsey posted "I am Casper the Ghost" on Rose's Twitter. Kelley had to call her one of her teammates pretending to be drunk. And Mal had to tell us what her first impression of everyone was for her truth. Which is where it leads us to now. "Ellie truth or dare?" Mal grins wickedly at me. I shrug, "Dare why not". Mal smiles, "I dare you to call Dan". I tilt my head not exactly knowing what she had in store for my dare, "Okay?". I pull out my and dial Daan's number. After 3 rings she picks up, "Hey Ellie. Everything okay?". Before I can answer Mal scrambles up and snatches my phone from my hand, "Hey she just wanted to tell you she loves you and missed you. Okay bye!". Mal tosses me my phone and I look at her in shock, "What the hell was that?". "I feel I'm missing something here. Care to explain?" Pinoe asks. "Does little Ellie have a boyfriend?" Emily teases wiggling her eyebrows. "Yes" "No". I look at Mal confused while it hits me. I burst out laughing realising what was happening. The whole team look at me like I was insane. I double over on the bed getting a stitch from laughing so much. When I finally catch my breath I look at Mal, "Oh Mal you have it so wrong. Daan isn't a guy. Daan is short for Danielle, as in my teammate". Mal blushes crimson as the team explodes in laughter before Mal eventually joins in. The game continues on and I text Daan explaining what happened so she wasn't left confused about the phonecall. After a while we decided to stop the game and watch a movie. After much debate we finally decide on Sing. I ended up falling asleep half way through the movie. The last time I remember is two pigs singing.

................

"Aw that's so cute" I hear a whisper from above me. "You have to admit that's adorable. It's like a child cuddling up with their parents". I hear someone from beside me shush the whispers, "Guys your going to wake her up. Be quiet". I shove my face closer into whatever I was lying on top of. Which sent the people above me into laughter. Knowing that I wasn't going to get back to sleep I decide to open my eyes and see what was happening. I blink my eyes open and find the team hovering over me. I lift my head to see I was practically lying on top of Christen my head resting on her shoulder with my face snuggled inside her neck. I turn to see Tobin's arm is trapped underneath Christen and I. I shoot up out of the bed. I could already feel all the heat rising to my cheeks. "Ah-um I'm sorry. I didn't mean to. I-ah" words stumble out of my mouth. All I know is I have to get out of there. I rush out of the room with the whole team watching me go. What they said keeps repeating in my head.