|27|

"Do you really have to go?" I pout as she stands in front of me. She laughs and shrug, "You could always come with me?" I stick my hands in my front pockets and lick my bottom lip, "You know I can't do that Mal. I'm happy here and it's important to me that I graduate before I go pro". "Yeah I know. I just don't know how I'm going to cope without you" Mal sighs. I grin, "I don't either. You relied on me to make you food and make sure you were on time to training". She shoves me as I chuckle, "Seriously though. I'm going to miss you. A lot. The dorm is going to be very quiet without you around".

She pulls me into a hug, "I'm going to miss you too Ellie. But we'll still see each other at camp and I'll probably be calling every time I need help with something". We both laugh before we pull away. I hold both of her hands and gives them a squeeze, "Your going to go do amazing things in Washington and I'll be cheering you on the whole way". Before she can say anything her flight is called and she gives me a sad smile, "I guess that's me".

"Your going to be okay Mal. Just don't forget me when your famous" I joke with her. "Never" she laughs. I hug her one last time before we walks through her gate. I sigh and run a hand over my face before I walk back to my car.

.............

"Kai! Ball!" I call as I lose my marker. I trap the ball and carry the ball up the field. I'm met outside the box as she tries to push me out to the wing. I fake left before dragging it right and taking a shot but it skims over the crossbar.

I groan and scratch behind my ear a bad habit I have when I'm frustrated. I link my fingers behind my neck as I walk back into position. Todays training hasn't been the best and I honestly can't wait for it to be over.

"Elliot!"

I sigh as Cromwell waves me over to the sideline. I look over at Jess who looks concerned before I jog over to Cromwell, "Yes coach?" She nods her head back inside "Come with me for a bit". I nod as I follow her inside playing with the spare hair bobble on my wrist.

She leads me into her office and I'm surprised to see someone already in there, "Miss Yeats what are you doing here?" "Well Ms Yeats came to me about your English assignments" Coach explains. I slump in the chair as I drag my hand down my face, "I'm sorry if they're not the best. It's just better training and then camp it's a lot to do sometimes".

Ms Yeats shuffles some sheets around before handing me one, "I would like you to read out the part highlighted". I scan over the sheet until I find the part mentioned, "Although Edmund is cruel and vicious and is no doubt undeniably evil towards his own family in his pursuit of power, we are made question if this is warranted due to his childhood. Edmund was a child born out of wedlock making him the illegitimate son of Gloucester. Due to this he was not given the same opportunities, luxuries or even affection from his father as his brother and instead was sent away. Society viewed him as the bastard son and therefore was looked down upon and he will never inherit any of his father's land. Shakespeare makes us feel sympathy for Edmund for how he was treated all because how he was viewed by society".

I look up at the two in front of me when I finished reading the highlighted part. "See that's what I thought you meant but that's not exactly what you had put down" Ms Yeats says. My eyebrows furrow together, "What?" "Read the last line again but look carefully this time" she asks. I look down at the page again but I sigh when I see what she means, "Shakespeare makes feel sympathetic for Edmund for who he was treated all because how he viewed by society".

"That's what you have written down on the page and it's wrong but what you told me the  first time, what you meant to have written down is completely correct" Ms Yeats tells me. I sigh and play with the corners of the page, "I'm sorry. I really did read over it before I handed it in. I guess I just read over them by accident". "I don't think it's just that Elliot. You have spelling mistakes and missing or mixed up words through your paper" Ms Yeats explained, "I know what your trying to say but what your putting down on the page is what's losing you marks".