|43|

"So they know now?"

"Yep"

"How much do they know exactly? Like should I be planning on a surprise visit? Or maybe my murder?"

I laugh and shake my head, "They know I'm dating someone don't worry your safe for now". "Great so I have a few days to live?" Jess sighs down the phone. "Don't worry I'll protect you. I wouldn't let anything happen to you" I coo. "My hero" she chuckles down the phone. I roll my eyes, "You'll be fine. I think your forgetting that I'm going to get the exact same treatment from your team as well".

"Expect your team might actually kill me. If it were to go down I would have my money on you to win in a fight against my teammates. I'm pretty sure you can bench half of them"

I laugh but start to simmer down as I see Alex and Kelley walking towards me, "I got to go now but I'll talk to you later okay?" "Yeah okay. Talk later bye. I love you" Jess answers. I smile widely as I stop in front of the two, "Love you too. Bye". I smile at the two, "Hey guys".

"The bus is here" Kelley tells me and I nod, "Cool let's go". Alex points at me, "We still aren't finished having that conversation about the ring". I roll my eyes, "Later. Now cmon we have a plane to catch". "Your going to have to tell us eventually" Alex smirks as we walk down to the lobby. "Again later" I sigh. "I still can't believe you didn't tell us you have a girlfriend" Kelley says. I narrow my eyes, "Is it that hard to believe?"

They both laugh while Alex wraps an arm around me, "No it's not. We just thought you would have told us". I sigh and run my hand through my hair, "It's not like that okay. You just have to trust me on this one. I'll explain it all later but right now we have a World Cup to celebrate".

They both look at each other and nod, "Okay now cmon I have drinks calling my name". I roll my eyes, "I'm surprised you even remember us winning with the amount of alcohol you've consumed". Kelley grins widely, "I have to live up to my frat daddy name". Alex rolls her eyes, "Let go before they decide to leave us behind". And with that we head down to the bus ready to get on the plane to New York for the parade.

..............

"Whoo" Emily cheers as she downs another drink. We were currently on a float in the middle of the ticker tape parade. I laugh and wave as fans cheer as we pass them by. Some of them waving signs at us while others held up their phones recording us.

Some of the team were still drink but it seems like others didn't even stop. I laugh as I nudge Kelley pointing out someone in the crowd, "Kel look!" She turns around looking at where I'm pointing and bursts out laughing, "Oh my god!" She sprints down the stairs and I giggle while following her. She immediately goes to the woman and hugs her excitedly while I wave at fans getting into a few quick pictures with them.

I watch as the float slowly driving away from us and tap Kelley, "Kels cmon!" She nods and takes the beer out of the woman's hands as we jog back to the float and jump on. Sonnett and the other youngsters laugh as we come back up the stairs in giggles. Sonnett who's recording turns the phone on Kelley, "What did you get Kelley?" Kelley grins as she holds the cans up, "I got beer!"

We continue on with the parade when our media manager comes up to me, "Hey Ellie would you mind doing something for me?" I shrug, "Sure what is it?" She tells me what she wants me to do and I grin and nod. I jog down the steps only to be stopped by Alex, "Where are you going?" I turn and wink at her, "I'm going to hype up the crowd". She cocks her head at me while I jump off the float and run ahead of it.

The cheers pick up as they spot me running towards them. I run along the barriers high fiving people as I went. I take a few phones and take pictures with the crowd before moving to the middle of the street. I can see my teammates on the float behind me watching me curiously. I grin as I do a small run up before doing a back flip causing the crowd to pick up. I hype the crowd up a bit more as I do a Sam Kerr and run pushing off my hands from a cartwheel into a flip landing it. I turn and see my teammates now cheering along with the crowd. I continue to do tricks and flips until I eventually move back to the float.