|44|

I groan as I turn off my alarm and sit up rubbing my eyes. "Shit" I whisper as I realise what day it is. Today was the Canada match on the Victory Tour and that meant that today I was introducing the team to my girlfriend.

Oh holy shit

Jessie had also told her team that she was seeing someone and that she would be coming to the game today. Which technically is not a lie cause I am going to the game. But we both decided that it would be best to do so after the match so neither team targeted the other. The rivalry between the two teams was high and the game was always a chippy game. No need to add any more fuel to the fire.

Seeing as I still had time before breakfast I decided to call Jessie to see how she was feeling. I yawn and rub my eyes as the phone starts to ring. But it only has to ring twice before she picks up, "Hello". I smile, "Hey Freckles". "Hi Lee! Sorry I didn't check who was calling before I answered". I laugh, "It's okay. How are you feeling about today?" She sighs, "Bad".

I furrow my eyebrows, "What's wrong? I thought you were okay with telling them today. Is everything okay?" "No no no. It's not that" she starts, "it's just the day is already off to a bad start". I frown, "Well tell me about it. It might make you feel better". I hear her sigh through the phone, "Everyone has been taking jabs at me about meeting you later and it's starting to get annoying".

"And they took away our pancakes!"

My eyes widen knowing how important their game day tradition is, "Oh shit really? They messed with the pancakes?" "They messed with the pancakes" Jessie sighs. I let out a small chuckle, "That's terrible babe". "Stop laughing this is serious!" She whines down the phone. "Okay okay! I'm sorry they shouldn't of done that. Why did they take away your pancakes?" I apologize. "I don't know they just wouldn't give them to us today and the whole team was angry about it" she answers.

"Well I guess that's good news for my team isn't it then?' I tease. "Leeeeee" she whines. I laugh, "Okay I'll stop I promise! Do you have time before the match?" I can hear her shuffle around a bit before she answer, "Uh yeah I think so". I bite my lip, "Can you come to the hotel for a little bit. I just want to see you before the game. We haven't really seen each other back of all the media stuff with the team". "Yeah sure. I'll drop by the hotel later before the game" she agrees.

I smile, "Great! I better go but I'll see you later". "I'll see you later. Bye I love you!" I smile, "I love you too Freckles". I hang up the phone and sigh.

I really hope everything goes well today

............

"Hi" I smile as I find my girlfriend at my door. She returns the smile, "Hey Lee". I pull her into the room and close the door before bringing her into a kiss. "I missed you" I mumble against her lips. She smiles and kisses me back, "I missed you too". After a few more kisses she pulls back a bit and looks at me, "I can't stay long. I need to get back to the team". I nod, "Okay. I just want to be with you".

She smiles and gives me another kiss before I drag her over to the bed to cuddle for a bit. Mal was my roommate but I knew she wouldn't be back for a while as she was out with the girls. We just talk for a bit while holding each other every now and again would share kisses.

Sadly her alarm rings meaning our time is over and she has to head back to her team to prepare for the match. "I got to go" she sighs and stops playing with the ends of my hair. I pout and shove my face further into her neck and moan, "Noooo". "Yessss. Now cmon up" she says while patting my lower back. I grumble and kiss her neck before lifting myself off her letting her sit up. She gets up and pulls on her hoodie and shoes while I watch from the bed. When she sees me watching her she tilts her head at me, "What?" I shake my head, "Nothing. I'm just thinking how lucky I am to have you".