|28|

"What time are we leaving tomorrow?" I ask while popping a blueberry in my mouth. "I think we're leaving at around 1ish" Teagan answers. We were all in her room for team bonding. We had to travel for a match against Seattle tomorrow so after training we decided to all relax as a team. We were just waiting on a few others.

"Is everyone packed?" Chloe asks everyone. Mostly everyone nods but Teagan and I share a look and both smile innocently. "You haven't even started have you?" She narrows her eyes at us. We both turn and smile at her but I stop when Jess hit the back of my head. "Ow abuse!" I moan and rub the back of my head. "I'll make sure this one packs everything she needs" Jessie promises. "What about me!" Teagan exclaims, "who's going to help me?" I deadpan at the goalkeeper, "Dude we are literally in your room just pack now". "But no one's going to help me pack. Jess is helping you!" She whines.

I snort, "Good joke. She'll just sit there and make sure I have everything I need. She won't actually help me pack. She's mean". Jess rolls her eyes and nudges me and I stuck my tongue out at her. "Child" she scoffs but I just smile and get in her face, "Yes I am". She just shoves me back but a smile is evident on her face. We just sat around and talked while we watched Teagan pack. "Okay where the hell is Kai and Anika? They were supposed to be here like 20 minutes ago" Hailee sighs. We all look at each other almost asking if anyone knew where they were.

But that wasn't necessary as the two of them burst through the door not even a minute later. "There you guys are. We were about to send out a search party" I tease but they both just stare at me with wild grins. "We!" Anika shouts pointing at her and Kai while the later of which holds a laptop, "have discovered something amazing!"

I roll my eyes at their theatrics while holding out my container of fruit to Jess who takes a grape. "What are you two talking about?" Hailee asks while the whole team listens in. "So I got bored waiting for this one to finish her shower. So I did want any normal person would do and started googling random stuff" Kai starts. I smirk, "You totally goggled yourself didn't you?" A faint blush appeared on her cheeks but she shook it off, "It doesn't matter but yes I did".

The team laughed but she continued, "But then she was taking forever and so I started googling other people". "So what you probably just found really old pictures of everyone" Teagan shrugs. Now it was Anika's turn to speak up, "We did but we found a pretty interesting photo. Turns out that two people in this room knew each other before coming here".

"If your going to say something like Jess and I or even Mal and I then obviously. We played each other before. And didn't most of ye know each other from coming up through youth squads?" I say. "Yes we did but we're talking about knew each other really young. Like age 12" Anika explains. Everyone looks at each other trying to think of they had ever met someone in the room. "So when I was googling people I came across this picture and I couldn't actually believe it" Kai said while opening the laptop. Teagan was the first to look over her shoulder at the picture and she stared at the picture, "No way!" "Okay I want to know, show it here" Hailee says. They pass her the laptop and she looks at the picture and awes. "Awe this is so cute" she coos.

She turns it around so everyone can see the screen. The screen shows a picture of two girls in what looks like running competition. One of which was being given a piggyback and looked like she was in a bit of pain. Her hair was in a messy ponytail with red cheeks but you could see she had colours painted on her cheek. The other was staring forward as she carried the injured runner. She had loose strands of hair falling in her face and her cheeks seemed blood red. You could see the number 17 stuck to the front of her jersey.

"Oh my god! I remember this!" Jessie smiles, "this is from a race I ran in Canada". I blush and shrink back as I focus on my fruit in front of me already feeling a blush coming to my face. "Okay so obviously the one getting a piggyback is Jessie but who's the other one" someone asks. Both Kai and Anika share a look before turning to me. My face immediately heats up as everyone looks at me. "That was you?!" Jessie asks shocked.