|26|

"What do you want to talk about?" I ask while I play with my fingers as she stares at me intently. She watches me almost studying me as she looks like she's trying to plan what she's going to say to me, "Why did you lose it on the medic after the match?"

Not exactly what I was expecting her to say

"Uh it's just he should have been there" I answer weakly. "Yeah but I've never seen you like that before" she says softly. "You don't get it" I let out frustrated sigh as I run a hand through my hair. "Then explain it to me" Jessie sighs. I look at her as she stares back back waiting for me to talk. I sigh, "I don't think you understand how badly tonight could have ended". Her face softens but I continue on, "Jess you weren't breathing. You were just lying there motionless. If I hadn't figured out what was wrong with you or if I had been a few minutes later you might not be here here right now". My eyes start to tear up and slip down my face, "You could have died Jessie".

I sniffle as Jessie stands up and walks over to me and takes my hands in hers, "But I'm okay Elliot. I'm fine. You saved me". I leaned my forehead against hers, "I already lost my parents Jess, I don't know what I would do if I lost you too". She just rubbed circles on the back of my hand trying to calm me down probably on high alert in case I had a panic attack. She looked down at me and it was only then I realised how close we really were. Her eyes seem to glint in the dim light that streaked through the window and we were so close I could pretty much count all the freckles dashed across her cheeks. She was staring into my eyes but I could see she eyes flicker downwards and she licks her lip and leans in slightly.

But I pull back a bit, "Jess". "I remember. I remember what happened at the party" Jess interrupts me. I stood frozen to the spot as I look her at her face trying to decipher how much she remembers of that night. Almost as if she reads my mind she continues, "I remember you pulling that guys off me and then taking me home. And I remember kissing you before I passed out". I sigh as I think about what happened after I brought her home.

Flashback
"Cmon Jess work with me here" I mumble as I practically carry Jess through the hallway towards my dorm. But the Canadian just giggles drunkenly in my ear, "Your so strong. Look at your arms". A dopey grin spreads across her face as she starts to poke my bicep.

"Jesus Christ Jess" I mutter as I hold her up while also digging around for my dorm key. She leans against me her head on my shoulder as she breath tickles my neck her arm's slip around my waist as she hugs me tightly. She starts brushing her noses up and down the column of my neck. A shiver runs up my spine at the gentle touch of her nose trailing up and down my neck as I struggle to open the door.

Eventually I get the door open as Jessie and I stumble into the door with her mumbling something incomprehensible under her breath. "Okay I think it's time for you to go to bed freckles" I say softly as I bring her over to my bed. She whips around facing me but trips and I catch her before she could fall my hands go to her waist while she throws her arms around my neck, "But I wanna stay up with you" she pouts jutting her bottom lip out.

I chuckle lightly as I walk her backwards until her legs hit the edge of my bed, "Your drunk Freckles. And it's time to go to bed". I carefully lower her back onto the bed but she tightens her hold around my neck making me fall onto the bed with her. My hands hold myself up by her head and she giggles while I groan, "Jess you need to go to sleep". But she just grins up at me, "But I don't wanna".

I sigh and gaze down at her she still had her arms around my neck and I could feel her play with my hair at the nape of my neck. I was hovering over her and we so close that her nose was brushing against mine and I could feel her breath fan against my face. When I looked down into her eyes I could see her glance down at my lips.