chapter 8... the clone

We roam around the house and found nothing, we have been at this for ten minutes, her parents will be back anytime and we have not seen anything yet.

"Hey guys there is a upstair." Alero yelled and we went over to where she was.

"Why is the gate locked?" There was a gate separating downstairs and upstairs, there are some houses like that.

"How are we supposed to know that? I'll open it and we will inspect the upstairs too."

"Okay." We searched upstairs, the whole rooms but we found nothing.

"Let's just leave." Dinela said and we were going back down the stairs.

"What are you ladies doing here? If my mom sees you here, you will be in big trouble." We heard a voice say behind us, we turned around to see who it was.
The person we saw indeed shocked me to the core.

Debby gold on a wheelchair

"How are you here?"

"I thought you are in jail."
My friends bombarded her with questions.

"I shouldn't talk to you about it."

"Please do, it affects my life a lot, please." I pleaded.

"That's not me, I'm the real Debby gold, the on in jail is just my clone, my parents had Mr Dario make her for them because I am crippled and I may never ever walk again and my face is burnt on one side."

"What!! A clone, how is it possible to clone someone? Why would your parents clone you because of your condition?"

"I really should not speak to you about this, if I do my mom will punish me."
We soon heard a car drive into the driveway.

"My mom is back please leave now or you will get into lots of trouble."

"Tell us quickly, please."

"Okay, there is this mystical artifact called the blue skull, its used to duplicate people and Mr Dario has it, he stole it from a woman named Mavery, my parents went to meet him to clone me for a price, the price is that they work for him, now go, go."

"Thank you, bye, take care of yourself."
We rushed to the basement and escaped through the window, we ran quietly to where the car was parked, Dinela unlocked it and we all got in.

"What on earth did we just see?!!" Dinela asked astonished as we all discussed what we just saw and what we learnt

"Happiness was right we could only have seen it to believe it."

"Are you sure about that? Because I just saw it but still I don't believe it, a clone if Debby gold!!!"

"We need to look into this."

"I agree, we should find Mavery first before anything so she can give us more information about the blue skull."

"Yeah, was she not a substitute teacher back in secondary school?"

"We need to go back to metro puritan high school in other to find her."

"What if she no longer teach there, don't forget she was just a substitute teacher."

"Yeah but if she has left the school will still have her personal information, once we get that we can start tracing her from there."

"Yes let's go back home for now, when should we go to school?"

"Maybe tomorrow." Alero suggested and I was about to agree when I remembered I have an appointment.

"No we can't, I have an appointment tomorrow, early in the morning."