chapter 17... Doomsday

"When will she wake up?" I heard someone ask but couldn't make out who it was that spoke.

"I don't know, soon." The person responded. who are they talking about? I slowly opened my eyes.

"She is awake!!"
I turned my head to where the sound of the voice came from and saw Mrs Amira, mom.

"How are you feeling dear?" Mavery asked, I tried talking but I couldn't, I remember Mavery saying I can communicate through taenisa or whatever, I did it before, I tried doing it again but to no avail.

"What!! Say something!" Mom said, "speak through taenisa, you did it before, do it again." She encouraged, I just shook my head at her.

"I don't think she can." Mavery said, 'well duh', I thought.

"What do you mean by 'you don't think she can' she did it before or is this all a joke?"

"No its not, there are rules to this, and her being able to use taenisa is beyond me, my mind is also blown seeing that she is just a human not a Dakies."

"Okay," Mom said and took deep breathes "I need to sit down." Mom sat next to me on the bed.

"I will take my leave now."

"You will just leave?" Mom asked surprised.

"What do you want me to do? Axymah is fine, her throat will be better by tomorrow, have a good day." With that she left, and so did mom, leaving me all alone, my mind is blank, I don't even know what to think about, I just started crying, tears flowed freely down my cheeks, any sound I make hurts my throat a lot more than you know.
  I crawled into a ball and cried harder, I was like that for about an hour when I got a text from Austin.

Austin: are you still coming to the swimming pool?

His message popped up on my screen, should I still go on with my plan, is Austin really the one? Do I want to know that? I let out a heavy sigh and replied him.

Me: will be there by 5:00pm

Austin: this is past four, you are going to the usual place you and your girls swim right?

Me: yeah

Ladybug: sup bae

West's message came up, I have not told him anything about all what is going on with me, I need to tell him, we've been so distant lately.

Me: boo I've missed you, you don't even bother to call me anymore😒😒😒

Ladybug: its not like that I've been busy with work that's why, I'm sorry.

Me: so now work is more important than me right?😫🤐🤐🤐

Ladybug: what😌😓😓 no way baby, I love you.

Me: then?.... I love you too.

Ladybug: how about a date tonight?😅😅😅

That would be great, just me and my beloved, I was about to reply yes to him but then I remembered I have to catch the mole, oh no.

Me: why tonight, let's make it tomorrow night.

Ladybug: I am travelling tomorrow, that's why I said tonight.

Me: and you're just telling me😢😢

Ladybug: it slipped my mind, I'm going to California for a few days, I'll be back soon, we'll make today's date count baby.

This is my only chance to see him before he travels I can't blow it off, I'll find my way around it.

Me: okay sure, where are we going?🤗🤗🤗

Ladybug: you'll see, dress like it's summer though😆😆

Me: perv

Ladybug:😘😇😇😇

Me: okay whatever

Ladybug: meet me at the dock of the ocean at Lagos street.

Me: are we going fishing?😬😦😦😦😦

Ladybug: no, you'll just have to wait and see.

Me: okay

Ladybug: later, I love you baby, never forget that😍😍😍😍

Me: okay, ilytb

Ladybug: meaning

Me: I love you too baby

Ladybug:😎

I put down my phone after that, that's when I realised..... I can't speak.... What do I do?  This is a problem, I'll need to consult the girls, but I have to be at the swimming pool now, it almost 5:00pm, will send SMS and I'll have to be quick.

What is my plan? What if 'operation catch the mole' goes wrong? On lord please help me,I know what to do I'll wear a swimming trunk, then go to the pool and begin 'operation catch the mole' if by miracle I survive it and catch the mole, will quickly go meet West, I will use my bra and panties to swim then change while I'm escaping, if it goes wrong, I just pray I survive this, what was I even thinking?! How will I make this work, if Dario is there waiting for me, he will probably plan to kill or kidnap me, what if he succeeds? What will happen to me then? I can't afford to go through another round of torture, this is my life, I need to embrace my problems and solve them, here goes nothing.

I went to my closet and brought out a bum jean short and a Gucci bra top to go with it and also a wedge heels, I put it in a small bag then I changed my outfit and wore and matching purple lace panties and bra then tied a veil around my waist, I didn't bother with make up, I am so unorganized right now, something that should be planned before being done is what I'm rushing to do, I'm playing with my life but its not by choice, I just have to do this and then get my life back on track.

I grabbed my car keys and a coat to cover myself and went to the living room, mom is probably sleeping, I have not seen dad since morning, I don't have time to worry about that, I left a note saying where I was headed to and why for mom so she won't be too worried.
    I went out of the house and to my car, drove down to the swimming pool, I have to act normal, be cool and calm, I reached the hotel, went in, and straight to the pool, there was no one there, shocking, this is my own Doomsday.