chapter 10... Sterling's Empire

"Hello, I am Axymah Issah, I am calling from Starlings Empire, I am the one that handed your company the contract."

"Good day ma'am."

"I am going to send my personal Assistant to check how far your company has gone with the contract, his name is Andrea Noah.

"Okay ma'am."

"Have a good day." With that I hung up, so that's one problem down two more to go, a knock sounded on my door.

"Come in."

"I did as you asked ma'am." My new PA said as he walked into the office.

"Your post is the office that's right outside mine." I informed him.

"Okay ma'am."

"One more thing, I want you to go to Amber spark company, here is a sample of the Contract given to them." I said and handed it to him.

"I don't think there are diamonds in Nigeria ma'am." He said as he looked up from the contract in his hands

"I never said Amber spark company is in Nigeria, take the nearest flight to Botswana which is around 6:00, go and inspect the contract we assigned to them, when you get there check the number of places they have covered in the digging, the number of diamonds they have dug up, if the workers are working actively, observe the working site."

"Okay ma'am."

"Give me your account number I'll send you the flight ticket money and also accommodation."

"My account number is 023****01"

"I'll send you two hundred and forty thousand right now, you'll be there for two nights, go home and pack your bags."

"Yes ma'am." He said and left.
I finished finalising all the files and submitted them to Mr Bullard, now I am clearing my desk and getting ready to leave work, this company is the best jewelry company in the whole of Africa and the fifth best jewelry company in the world.

We have a jewelry factory, that's where all our jewelries are produced, I left the office as working hours was already over, I went straight to Sasha's house, I got her address from her file. I parked right outside what I presumed was Sasha's house, the gate was opened so I entered the compound and knocked on the door.

"Who is there?" She called out expecting an answer but I stayed quiet and she came to open the door.

"Its you," she said while chewing gum the way prostitutes do "come in." She finally said, I walked into her house, it was nice enough.

"Let's get this over with." I said nonchalantly.

"Not yet, sit down on the couch," She took a sit herself and I complied "would you like anything to eat or drink?"

"No thank you, I'm okay."

"Okay, so why are you here?" She asked with her legs crossed feeling like fly.

"You know why I am here, so why are you asking?"

"I don't know why you are here so tell me." She said, I was already getting irritated

"Okay I'll just tell you, I want you to resume work tomorrow."

"No!" She said loud and clear, she is so blunt, I know what she wants to hear but begging her is so belittling, I have to swallow my pride and beg her if not I'll loose my job, that job pays really well, I can't just loose it because of my stupid ego, that's not happening.

I swallowed my pride and begged her. "Please, please come to work tomorrow, I beg you."

"I didn't hear you, repeat that and this time I'll video you begging me." She said and pulled out her phone.