Chapter 36... Take Life By The Throat

I reached for the thing next to one of the legs of the table in front of the couch, it was an envelop.

"What's that?"

"Its called an envelop."

"Uhm....okay." I sat back on the bed next to Bel and opened the envelope, it contained money and a paper, the paper says;

The girl is behind the wardrobe, take a cab to the coast line, there is a boat there waiting for you both, it will take you to river Niger, when you get there walk to the main road, there is a car waiting for you, the car is yours, you'll know it when you see it, I owe you no explanations, you'll have to get to your destination by road, sorry for the discomfort, take good care of the girl, you can use the money for whatever you want. There is fifty thousand dollars in the envelope, make sure you reach the coast line before 12:00pm if not you'll miss the boat, no food in the boat so buy some, rest assured we'll meet again.... soon, take good care of your self and the little girl.

Canvas.

"What is in it?"

"We'll get to Nigeria first by sea, then home by road but first we need to do a little shopping."

"Yay, I love shopping and I'm scared of the water," That's a huge problem "my mo-"

"I'll be with you all through don't worry." Can she not stop mentioning her late parents? Who could blame her? She must miss them all so much, any other child in her shoes would be crying their eyes out but she.....she is being so strong.
Its past 5:00am now.
What now? We can't possibly go shopping by this time or can we? Nope we definitely can't.

"Bel?"

"Yes Ameemah."

"Why don't you uhm...get some rest, you'll feel much better."

"No thanks."

"Why not?"

"Are you not tired or sleepy?"

"I'm, but I can't close my eyes, I'll see that bad man that killed my parents and the picture of my dad's hea—"

"Okay how about I help you sleep?" I don't want her to start thinking about that again.

"I won't be able to sleep no matter what."

"There is no harm in me trying, right?"

"I guess."

"Lye on the bed I'll tuck you in." She did just that, I tucked her in and laid next to her. I've also been through what she is going through, I felt what she's feeling after my mom died, the constant abuse, the emotional abuse and brain damage...... I've felt even worse than she's feeling still.

I sleep at night but with great difficulty, my nightmares, my fears, hunting me down..... Its going to be hard but she has to be strong, fuck that.
She's pretty strong to be in this state right now, she is a fucking six years old girl, I need to help her and I will.

"Okay first things first, think of your mom, think of the good memories, only the good ones, think of them, imagine that she us right in front of you, if you feel like crying go on, I'm right here, okay?"

"Okay." She took in a deep breathe and spaced out. I don't know what she's thinking but I'm sure it's happy thoughts, I see her smiling, I can see she has a little dimple, she had stars in her eyes, like a flick of the wrist, her smile turned to a frown, tears rolled down her eyes.

"Think happy thoughts." I repeated in her ears but she couldn't hear me or maybe she just didn't want to.

"Mommy?" She called out.