Chapter 38....In here with a Tiger

I'm in loads of trouble.

"Why are the cops after us?" Bel asked, her big doe brown eyes looking up at me.

"The cops are not after us sweetie." I gave her the best fake smile I could muster.

"Pull over!!! Yellow blue cab!!!! Pull over right now!!!"

"Woman I think they are speaking to us, I'm gonna pull over."

"Yes okay, pull over."

"Yeah." He pulled over. I quickly got out with my hand bag, luggage and an anxious Bel, he pulled over right in front of the mall unknowing to him.

"Hey come back here!!!!" He wanted to come after me but the cops got to him first, I didn't mean to put him in trouble, I watched the scene unfold before me too long, long enough for that receptionist to spot me.

"Hey officer! There she is!!! The child napper!!!" Oh shit, I pulled Bel into the mall and walked really fast, if I ran I would have drawn unnecessary attention and the cops will catch me easier that way.

"Why are the cops after us?"

"They are not sweetheart."

"Then why are we walking really fast, my legs are starting to hurt, did you do something bad?"

"No, I didn't do anything wrong." Less talking more moving, my inner self that really doesn't want to end up behind bars for doing a good deed yelled.

I walked to the snacks isle, where I found canned food, fruits, water, fruit bars, biscuits, I packed what o thought would be enough for us into the shopping cart.
I ran to the clothe isle but quickly came to a halt, Bel is really slowing me down.

"I'm looking for a lady with a child, she has kidnapped the child....." Oh no, I stealthily moved around the clothe isle, I got kid sized coat, leggings, shirt, skirt, gown, sandals, panties and a coat that'll size me too, now time to bolt out of here.

"Adeemah, can I please have that barbie doll?" She pointed at the doll in the toy isle, time is crucial at this point, I can see cops searching for us and that mad receptionist, I forgot this isn't Nigeria, here people don't mind their business, which is a good thing but right now for me its a bad thing.

"We have to go w—"

"Please, pretty please."

"Alright, wait here." I moved quietly and quickly, like a ninja to the toy isle and grabbed the toy, I decided to grab two, I turned back around about to leave.....

"Well well, you blended in quite well, who would have thought your little display back at the hotel when you first arrived and your other dramas with that hot sexy guy was to kidnap an innocent little girl?"

"I didn't kidnap her I—"

"You what?!!!", she gave me a disgusting smug " Cops!! Found her!! She's in the toy isle." How do I get out of this now?

"You better stay where you are?" I yelled to the person behind her, she looked behind her, that was the distraction I needed.

While she was looking for the invincible person I was talking to, I quickly fled, I walked quickly to the clothe isle , put the dolls in the cart and pulled her to where we'll pay for all what I picked. The cops were everywhere, thank goodness they are yet to see my face so they will not recognize me even if they see me.

I'm waiting to get my turn to pay, now the only thing that stands between me and getting out of here is the man that is in front of me, the cops and that receptionist, the man finished paying, it's finally my turn, I off load all what is in the cart so it can be scanned and I can pay, see cops behind me.