War against you (part 1)

Mitch's POV

My dad said that the world would be peaceful before he died, but he was wrong.
--

" Mitch! It's dinner" my mom yelled.

We were pretty poor so our dinner was always bread, potatoes and some fish. We lived in a small village and almost no one has a clue about what's happening on the outside.

" I'm coming ma" I said to my mom.

I yelled to my sister to come and then we all sat at the table to eat. My big brother is probably out with some girl instead of helping our family.

I'm 17 and he's 23. He is supposed to be like a back up for dad, but it's me instead who takes care of the family.
--

It was dark when my brother finally came home.

"Eyy Mitchell?" My brother yelled when he entered our shared bedroom.

"Yes Michael. What is it?" I asked him slightly annoyed.

" you have no clue what I found out today" he said excitedly.

"What?" I asked, starting to get curious.

" well the british people wants to start war with America. Apparently someone entered their land and did something that made them mad. I don't really know, but people are coming everywhere to find people who wants to join the war, I'm actually planning on going" he said and smiled widely. I actually got pretty mad.

" what! You've never done anything good to this family and now your just leaving us cause you think it's fun to go to war!! You will die as soon as you fucking start" I yelled.

" calm down brother. I'm helping America" he said and patted my shoulder.

" by dying?!" I yelled again. I then laid down on my "bed" and tried to sleep. I didn't want to talk with him about this anymore.
--

The next morning some men came and asked for volunteers for the war. I locked my brother in his room so he wouldn't join them. My mom didn't care at all, she wanted him to join. She said that he would at least do something good for once.

I would never join the soldiers. I'm scared of seeing people dying in front if me, seeing the ones you shoot slowly stop breathing, and I'm of course scared of dying myself.

I don't even know how my brother could ever think of it. It scared me to be fair.
--

It's been a couple of weeks now and nothing has really happened. My brother went out today to get information, I hope he gets some.

" Mitch! Mitch! Mitchell! You can't believe what I just found out!" He started yelling when he ran into our room.

"Calm down. What is it?" I asked.

" I'm going to war no matter what you say. And so do you, we are going together!!" He said and smiled. I just sat in shock.

"What?..." I asked in shock. I can't go to war.

" well it seems like the Americans are losing and they've lost a lot of men. So they're coming to pick up every boy over 14 to war" he said and smiled.

How the fuck can he be happy?!!

" WHAT?!! NO! I don't want to go to war...." I said and put my head in my hands.

" it's fine brother, it's not that bad" Michael said and patted me on the shoulder.

" NOT BAD?!! NOT BAD!! I will die as soon as a soldier fires a shot, I'm small, young, weak. I'm a really easy target!!!" I screamed at him.