Hunger games

A/n this is sad and I'm sorry!!

Mitch's POV

I was sitting on a field in the forest, it's always so peaceful.

Here in district 12 we have a lot of trees and the woods just helps me find peace.

I could feel the wind softly blowing on my face and the grass softly tickling my skin.

It was soon the annual hunger games and I had to admit that I wasn't that scared, I was scared for my sister.

She's been having nightmares about it for a week now and she is terrified.

I gasped in fear when I felt someone cove my eyes but I relaxed when I recognized the laugh that followed.

" you dick!" I said and punched Scott in the chest.

" wow, easy tiger" he said and continued to hold his hands on his stomach while laughing.

" have you heard the news, tiger?" He said and his expression changed to a frown.

" what news?!" I said and my heart was beating faster.

" they want to show that they "support" gay people so they are only taking gay people to be in the hunger games.... And I think I'm going to get chosen, my name is in there 30 times" Scott said and my eyes were watering.

" you're not ge-"

" you don't know! If I do, I want you to know that I love you and I will do my hardest to get back to you" Scott said and had tears falling down his face.

I ran into his arms and hugged him tightly while I sobbed into his chest.

" h.how many times is my name in there?" I said and tried to get my breaths more even.

" 5, but you don't have to worry wildcat. I will possibly be chosen and some poor girl too" he said and his voice was shaky.

" it doesn't have to be you..." I said and hugged him tighter.

" I know... But it might be"
--

We were standing next to each other in the second front row in front of the stage.

The other people that weren't gay stood behind and watched.

The woman that I hated so much with to much makeup on, Effie Trinket, came up on stage.

" helloooo. Before we choose our 2 honorable candidates I need to say that there has been a change. As you a may know by now we are only choosing those who are homosexual, bisexual or transsexual. To show how much we support it!

But! Instead of choosing a boy and a girl from each district we decided to just choose boys. Some of the other districts didn't have females who were by what we are choosing. So this year we are only choosing boys, next year were only choosing girls.

Isn't it fun?! A little change instead of the same thing every year" she said and giggled.

I could feel my heart stop for a second and I started having a hard time to breath.

Scott held me tight and started whispering sweet things to calm me down.

" so let's start the reaping and may the odds be ever in your favor" she said and started walking over to the bowl with all of our names in.

I could feel my heartbeat speed up as soon as she picked out a name.

I just had a feeling that it would be my name written on that note.

" oh we have our first contestant. It's Scott Hoying"

I could feel my breath get caught in my throat and my heart stopping.

I could't help my tears that were violently falling down my face when Scott hugged me.

" it's okay Mitch, I'll make it out alive. I'll fight for you Mitch" Scott said with a shaky voice before he got pulled away by the controllers.

I fell down on my knees and started sobbing when Scott was pulled up on stage.

People were looking at me with eyes filled with sympathy.

" we have our first contestant up on stage! A quit handsome one I must say. Let's see who's our other contestant" Effie said and walked over to the bowl ones again.

I continued to sob on the ground and I couldn't care less about who got chosen to fight with Scott.

" ooh our next contestant is Mitch Grassi"

I stopped breathing and I could feel my eyes grow wide. I could see Scott crying and screaming on stage and everything started to look blurry.

I got picked up by the controllers but I couldn't actually feel it.

I was numb.

I could hear people mumbling sad things about how a pity it was that we both got chosen.

I couldn't care less cause I knew with all my heart that I would do everything for Scott so he could win.

A/n I'll leave it there and I'll post part 2 later!