Chapter 42.

Please comment as you read, especially on this chapter!!

~

My jaw hung open in complete shock as my hand covered my mouth entirely. This is Harry's room. This is where he would go each time we would fight. Into this dark sanctuary of pure bliss. I can understand why he wouldn't want me in here now. It was obvious.

The right side of the room, where the door was, had been just like any other bedroom. Maybe a bit darker due to the black paint on the walls but for the most part, it was normal, including a black bed set, a side table, and a couple drawers here and there. He had another door which I assumed it to be a closet and a balcony that was much bigger than my own.

On the left side of the room, however, held something that could no else way be described as his little secret. His inside world on wonder and self- confinement. This was his escape from reality. This is what kept him going as I was fighting against him during my stay. This is what he didn't want me to see.

Art.

Large white canvases littered the entire left side of the enormous room. Some on easels only half painted, some laying on the floor, some barely laying on the cluttered art table, or some stacked in a pile against the wall. All over the place was various arrays of paintings, drawings, spray paint, and sorrow.

The wooden art table had been coated in small paint splatters that must have dried over time. Paints, pencils, colored pencils, and other art supplies were thrown all over the top of the table while blank canvases were shoved in stacks underneath. It was amazing, truly amazing.

I looked at Harry to see that he had moved out from behind me and sat nervously on the bed. His legs were open and his elbow were rested heavily on his knees. His expression held a tight firm hold of normality but I can see it in his eyes, his mind was going crazy.

"I- I..." I began but couldn't get the words out. How in any way am I supposed to voice my thoughts.

"Didn't expect it" he said nervously, trying to lighten the thick air. I shook my head and looked all around the room.

"Does anybody else know about this, about your artistic abilities?" I asked as he began to play with his fingernails.

"Luchesi" he commented making me suddenly remember why I was in here.

I nodded and bit my lip, turning around to face the paintings once more. He seemed to like to paint more considering there were very few sketches laying around. I walked closer to one of easels to get a closer look at something that seemed to be finished.

It was a girl. From the point of view, she was much smaller than her observer. Her hazel eyes were wide and doe like as her puffy pink lips had been sitting in an innocent pout. Her long brown hair framed her pale face and her hands were by her sides. This girl looks familiar.

"Harry, is this me?" I asked pointing to the painting I was looking at.

"You're interesting to perceive, Ara" he said right behind me. I whirled my body around to see him right behind me, rubbing his hand on his neck.

I turned back to the painting and studied it for a moment. For the first time in my life, I saw the true me. No pictures of reflections from mirrors. This was me, this is how people saw me. My stomach fluttered and before I knew it, my arm was tugged away from the beautiful artwork.

"You're here to find out who Luchesi is, look at this" he demanded, setting me in front of a gloomy easel.

The picture showed a boy, a younger boy, maybe not even past 5 years of age. His eyes were bright green and his blonde hair had been pulled from his forehead by a man much much bigger and older than him. The man had been packed with rage and anger as he dragged the boy down. I gasped looking at the painting.